cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Server for Teams entry

0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are using SAP Lumira 1.31.1 together with the SAP BI Platform plugin. In our first tests everything works fine till now. But one point I would resolve. If I open a SAP Lumira document an select "Save as" the dialog shows "SAP BI Platform" I also "Server for Teams". Due to the fact that we are not using "Server for Teams" I would hide the selection "Server for Teams". Do anybody know how to configure SAP Lumira to hide the entry for "Server for Teams"?

Thank you and best regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Today, its not possible in the product to hide the entry of "Server for Teams". In-fact I have not heard a similar request before.

I would suggest that you post this to SAP Lumira Idea Place.

Regards,

Ashutosh

0 Kudos

Hi Rastogi,

OK thank you for this information. The reason why I am asking for such a function and why I am think that such a customizing is useful is simple:

"Why should I offer a user an selection if the functionality behind the selection is not available."

So from my point of view the SAP Lumira Idea Place is not the right place for such a request

I plan a rollout for nearly 100 potential SAP Lumira users and I would avoid that users are calling us becaus they got an error because they used thier credentials fpr SAP Lumira Server or asking what this selection is or for what it is useful ... so hiding/customizing of such functionality is for me a kind of base functionality.

Thank you and best regards,

Eric

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

I agree with you, especially to avoid the unnecessary communication. But if you observe, this is pretty much standard functionality in most of the Office applications. For example, when we use "Save As" in a word document you can save in a variety of formats and this cannot be disabled.

We usually provide a detailed documentation regarding the initial setup and credentials along with images to address this issue.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree this is useful, however having posted such enhancements to idea place allow us to prioritise the requirements. Big or small it's good to have them on idea place if its not already in the product.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (0)