cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At owl, can I preview the form of customBO?

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Follow the step:http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_studio_1511/KTP/Products/bf889ebdf45d4dd19d4a0e0bd39a07fb/LibraryStru...

I can preview the form of customBO, using OIF and QA.

But when I change the OWL, add a button "preview", it is not OK.

Can not load the GroupCode,what's the problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

The reason why you face this issue is because of the preview functionality in the custom OWL screen of a custom form is currently restricted.

You can use the preview functionality from the QAF(Quick Activity Floorplan) screen for a custom form in a custom screen. So configure and use the preview functionality in the QAF screen itself.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhanya

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanya,

Thanks.

I had successed at the preview of QAF screen, I just want to further develop at the OWL of custom screen, as the OWL's preview of SalseOrder. Thanks for your explanation.

umehring4cloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

Unfortunaltey, the link posted by you only opens generic help for me, so I have to guess, what youhave implemented. Am I right that you use /SAP_BYD_APPLICATION_UI/Reuse/OutputManagement/Preview.MD.uicomponent for the preivew function?

Then the problem could be some sort of problem with the node reference binding. Do you use Std query oder FSI query? Could you post a screenshot of the node reference binding and and the OWL data model? Zhis could help analysing the issue.

Best regards,

Uwe

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thanks.

Yes, I use "/SAP_BYD_APPLICATION_UI/Reuse/OutputManagement/Preview.MD.uicomponent" for the preview funciton.The OIF and QA screen is OK. The problem is the OWL screen.

I do as standard help in "DataModel"

"Outport" is:

"Preview" is:

umehring4cloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

The problem is, that you need a particular instance for node reference binding, which you have in a QA and in an OIF if you bind it to root. In an OWL the root node of the data model does not represent an instance, thus node reference binding to root should not work. I am not sure how to solve this, as I have never done this myself. What you could try, is doing the following:

add a data structure to your data list and bin this new structure to the top (root node) node of your BO BonusPlan_week2. If this does not help, I am not sure if you can achieve your requirement at all.

Best regards,

Uwe

Edit:

Sorry, forgot to say, that you should use this new structure then for your node reference binding then.

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thanks.

I change the preview bindings configuration,bind the DataList to NodeReference.

The result is two pop windows create, when I close the first window, the correct windows display. Now the problem is how can hide the first windows?

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

The preview can not assgin the choose row, it is random row.

Thanks.

umehring4cloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

Could you please try the following:

• add a structure to the data list (right-click the DataList in the data model and use Add Data Structure
  • bin this new structure to the BO (the top node in the select BO model, should be BonusPlan_week2
  • do the node reference binding on the added structure - not on the datalist (I think that binding it to the data list does not bind it to an item of the list, but to the whole list -> random row)
  • the binding should look like: bound field /Root/DataList/Structure

Hope that helps,

Uwe

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thanks.

It can't work, stop in preview screen.

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thanks.

I try to change the Modal Dialogs from "preview" to "DocumentOutputRequestPreview_MD", I open the SalesOrder's owl, and the preview button is my reference.

And I configure the "DocumentOutputRequestPreview_MD":

The PreviewOutport is:

But when the program run, the result is:

Could you tell me what is the problem?

Thanks.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

You can definitely add a Preview button on a custom OWL. We have always been doing it.

1. Your node reference binding to the data list is correct.

2. Add the boolean filed under the data list and bind the preview outport again.

3. Use Preview Modal dialog as before.

Best Regards,

Fred

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks.

I try it, but the result is:

When I preview, the first time, the screen stop at the "Generating preview…"

I close it, the second time, the Form can display, but data is not the click row.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

Can you refresh the table and check again?

Best Regards,

Fred

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks.

I am sorry, I misunderstand.I activated the owl, and deploy again, and I re-login the system.It is not OK.

Where is the "table"?

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

I mean just to refresh the OWL on browser.

Anyway, it is ok.

Try with a new button. (Do not use Preview button template)

Best Regards,

Fred

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks.

I try to add a new button, it is not OK, the problem as before can't display the choose row.

Maybe my step is not correct. Maybe need some code.Or maybe some code is wrong.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

You don't need any code for the preview button.

You can just follow the studio documentation which has a sample for QAF I think.

The only difference is ReferenceNodeBinding which needs to be bound with the datalist.

If possible, please create new screens and test because this is definitely possible and we are actually using it on our OWLs.

Best Regards,

Fred

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks.

I try as you say, but it isn't OK.

1.Create New Screen:BonusPlan_week2_Second, type is OWL

2.Follow the step of the studio documentation

3.The result as before.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

I am not sure what is the problem, sorry.

Best Regards,

Fred

former_member200995
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks, Don't worry about it.

Could you print your screen of these step at your studio.

I guess it is any wrong at Modal Dialogs, because it is not exact row to trans to "Preview".

Or email to me: huangb.mmsh@sinopec.com

Best Regards,

Benny

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bin,

There is no additional step than those shown in the studio documentation.

Just for QA/OIF, bind with Root in NodeReferenceBinding.

For OWL, bind with datalist.

Can you please create another custom BO and test again?

Best Regards,

Fred