cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common DC and Division Question

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am looking for some help on a task I am trying to accomplish. Not sure if it is possible the way I am trying to have it, but...

Scenario I have is that my company has 1 Sales Org (SO01), 3 DCs (B2, D2, CO), and 5 Divisions (01, 02, 03, 04, and 05).

Each division has its own part numbers.

The requirement is to have all parts available to all Divisions without extending part numbers to other dividions.

SO, part abcd would be entered in S001/B2/01 and should be available for sale in S001/D2/01.

Also, each part number (depending on Sales Area) gets fulfilled from different plant.

So:

- for part number abcd and sales area = S001, B2, 01 then plant = 10.

- for part number abcd and sales area = S001, D2, 01 then plant = 20

What I was thinking is that I could use common DCs + Common DIVs. Is that possible? Am I in the right track?

Please let me know. I really appreciate all inputs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being an old member of the SCN, you should be knowing SCN rules where it has been very clearly indicated that before posting, one should make some efforts to search.  You could have very well tested with one material to find out how system is working.  Please ensure before posting any query, you put some efforts on your own either by searching SCN or testing in your system.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumeet Sah

Jignesh Mehta

Parag Pandya

By participating in SCN all these years and an old member, I am sure, you all know this query is discussed many times in SCN and this being the case, I wonder why you people are encouraging the spoon feeding; instead, you should have asked OP to search first.  Please avoid and cooperate with SCN

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Accepted. I have chosen to delete my post in above discussion.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Noted Sir.

Will take care of the same in future.

Thanks.

Sumeet

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

I apologized for that,

And i do agree with Lakshmipathi...!

We should not encourage by positing on such repeated issue which have discussed in past.

Thankyou for reminding us..

Thanks and Regards

Parag Pandya.

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Yes, I have seen other posts that talk about this but not specifically to answer the question I posted.

I always research before I post any questions here.

For all others, thx a lot for the provided answer. I still have some questions and will be posting here, since I am not sure I made myself clear on the query.

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

The scenario you have described is possible in system.

First thing : For achieving that you have to go to Sale & Dist - Maser data - define common DC

As you can see in the yellow color column 1 = Reference distribution channel for conditions

And for yellow color column 2 = Reference distrib.channel for cust.and material masters

So in column 2 you have to enter your common DC and column 1 your regular DC which you want to add in common.

Second Thing : go to Sale & Dist - Maser data - define common Division

This also has a same concept as common DC

yellow color column 1 = Reference division for conditions

yellow color column 2 = Reference division for customers

But before doing this you have  specify a Common DC and Div first which you have to user here and then do this.

I hope this will sort-out your issue.

But i suggest please do a proper testing after doing the same....!

Regards

Parag Pandya.

0 Kudos

Hi Parag

If I understand correct, you are basically telling me to have the part numbers and customers created in 1 common Dc + DIV, then (via config) make it so that other DCs and DIVs can get to use the data from the Commom DC + DIV.

Is that correct?

If my understanding above is correct, then what I am trying to do is a bit different:

1st goal is to have each material created for each brand. Example is:

- for part number abcd, it needs to be created in Sales Area = S001, B2, 01

- for part number FGHI it needs to be created in sales area = S001, D2, 02

Then I need to find a way (without extending the materials) to have them both under different orders:

Examples:

- Order for SA S001, B2, 01 should be able to have parts abcd + FGHI

- Order for SA S001, D2, 02 should be able to have parts FGHI + abcd

Hope this helps...

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

This can be achieve only through common div/dist ch. concept, and along with that also change the setting of sales order in VOV8 for Check division = no dialog.

And then test the scenario, i hope it should work...

Please test it and then come up with result.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is very much possible with common distribution channel and division concept and then take care by extending the parts no to respective sales area.

Coming to your second query with regards to Plant, you can assign the required delivering plant to combination of sales org and distribution channel under ES - Assignment option.

Thanks.

SS