cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Intercompany Code COGS Account determination problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus.

I've going through different threads to find a solution for my problem but I haven't been able to find a suitable case.

Please, be so kind to share your thoughts.

I'm being required to post COGS to different accounts given an intercompany transaction.

I am aware that account determination in this case is made through Valuation Class. Problem is that I cannot assign a different valuation class to the same material that is created in a different Dist. Channel, which is the way I classify (and assign acounts in SD: via AAG) materials that are going to be sold to companies within the group.

I have valuation class and cost account assigned, given the material classification (Merchandising, key materials, pos materials) I would like to have the same as well for IC transactions when goods are issued.

I'm also aware that Valuation Class can be changed if Valuation Category allows the material to be valuated separately. Although I don't think this can solve my problem.

Which would be a suitable solution for this?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if a solution for a case like this has already been posted.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System gets the COGS account from movement type. then standard movement for selling process is 601. Thus the system gets the operation (transaction key and accounting modification key) from accouting settings of movement (maintened in OMJJ t-code). So the account will be recovered from OBYC settings.

To determine different accounts of COGS according with your operation you can do it using the configurations below:

- Create a new sales item category and schedule division category (and in this assign a customer movement type with your own settings). So you can define manually or BADI a different item category/schedule division for a specific process and post COGS in a different account.

BR

Gian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, GIan.

Thanks a lot for your thorough response. I have some questiosn though.

1. Schedule division category. Dou you mean that "division" should be my determination input for the intercompany operation?
I stated that "Distribution channel" is the category to which I extend metarials that are meant for sale between companies of our group. Your suggestion could apply to Ditr. channel as well?

2. Should I create a new movmtn type as well? Since you mention that account determination is done through movemrnt type...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry my translation was wrong.

1) Create and Determine a new "Schedule Line Category" for your intercompany process (maybe you need to implement some BADI). It is needed to determine a different movement type for Goods Issue.

2) Yes, you need to create a new movement type in order to configure in OMJJ a new modification key and assign it in OBYC to a differente COGS account.

BR

Gian

Answers (0)