Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI/BADI/FM for PS Project / WBS Budget Check

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PSers,

We are using PS to create projects/wbs elements and then create their budgets in the standard PS (not IM) budgeting. The Project/wbs and their budgets are carried to a 3rd party system to make Purchases. Questions:

1)  What is the BAPI for budget check of a Project/WBS element at a given time?

2) If there is a Function Module for the same purpose, please include it as well.

Thanks,

Regards,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Package KABP is used in budgeting across FM/PS/Cost Accounting. In this package, I have seen Function Group KBPS getting used when we execute CJ30/CJ31. Also FMs of KBPS gets called from FG KBPP which is for Budgeting transaction related dialog processing.

As an instance, if we call CJ31 then FM KBPP_START is called which considers the Project def. and WBS entered in the transaction start screen and processes the project hierarchy. Then for each of the WBS element in Project hierarhcy, the FMs of FG KBPS are called.

So my assumption is -

1. FM KBPP_START should help you in some way, OR

2. Create a BDC of CJ31 and call it from the custom program where you want to read project related budget data.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

shashank_agarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to go with implicit enhancement at the time of budget check.

Thanks

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Aditya, I will check with the developer. It is interesting that there is no FM for PS to make real-time budget check.

Thanks,

regards,

Dave

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave-

Check if Enhancement- CNEX00007 is helpful for you.

Regards,

Sudhakar*