cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - determine if a date-time value is unset

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to create a rule that will determine whether or not a date-time value has received a value.  Looking through the functions available I was hoping to find something like IS_UNSET or even IS_VALID_DATE, but no luck.  Does anyone know if there's a function available that will do this.

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tim,

This may be an example. See picture.  To compare the string value if it is blank. If it is, return one date versus a different date.

Hope this helps.

SAP Mobile Support Team

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,  Your suggestion looks like it would work.  I actually solved the problem in a slightly different manner by comparing the date-time value on the transaction screen with current-date-time minus a constant number of milliseconds.  This validation rule will return false if there is no value entered (which accomplishes my goal of checking to see if the value is unset) and also accomplishes another goal that I had which was to disallow a date-time that is too far in the past.

Thanks

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

From where you want to set this date and time property?

I don't think there is any function which can tell you Date and Time is set or not. If the value is coming from SAP and you want to copy to some other property or check, then you can follow Mark's example. If you are setting this property from Agentry transaction then you will not be able to check its set or not.

Better will be check in Java.