cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Data, Data Base is getting too Large

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been looking for a place to limit or clean up the failed data DB. I see in under CMC.aplications>information steward there are a few setting. I don't see where there is anything to cleanup the failed data.

I have over 670 views and 17 gig of space being used. I'm looking for something that will clean this up from time to time.

In the past I thought there was a setting you could set.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you upgrade to IS SP7, you can use the new Clean Up Failed Data utility.

From SAP Information Steward, Document Version: 4.2 Support Package 7 (14.2.7.0) – 2016-05-22, What's New:

"

Managed failed data repositories

Your failed data repositories can become very large and may periodically require some maintenance to keep them working efficiently. Additionally, when source data (table or view) is re-imported after structural changes have been made, structural inconsistencies in the failed data repository can cause rule tasks to fail. The software provides the following options to help you manage the size and content of your failed data repositories:

● The Clean Up Failed Data utility in the Central Management Console (CMC) cleans up old and obsolete failed data from all of your failed data connections.

● The Delete Failed Data and Run option in the Tasks tab of Data Insight cleans up data structure inconsistencies in your repository when a rule task fails.

● The Delete Failed Data and Run option in the task status page in the Central Management Console (CMC) deletes data structure inconsistencies in your repository when a rule task fails.

For more information about managing the failed data repository, see the User Guide.

"

0 Kudos

I see that, in the what's new document. I also looked up the compatibility chart.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0001740516

It says if your on IPS 4.1 SP6 that it's not recommended to move up to SP7 yet. The chart was last updated on 8/9/2016 so I think I'll wait to upgrade till the bugs are cleared out.

Unless you know different.

For now we'll do a manual cleanup.

Thanks,

BW

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Bill,

By not recommended, do you mean that big gray "Not recommended" box under BIP/IPS 4.1 SP6?

If so that doesn't mean it isn't recommended you not move to IS 4.2 SP7. It means that BIP/IPS 4.1 SP6 was not tested by DEV to work with IS 4.2 SP7, thus is not recommended as there wouldn't be an escalation path.

There are no future plans to make IPS 4.1 SP6 compatible with/certified for IS 4.2 SP7.

If you'd like you can move to IS 4.2 SP7, you'd just need to update IPS to any of the following:

IPS 4.1 SP7 P0-6
IPS 4.1 SP8 P0-1
IPS 4.2 SP2 P0-3
or
IPS 4.2 SP3 P0

Cheers!
Julie

0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I'll look into moving up to SP7 or SP8.

Keep Practicing

Thanks,

BW

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

A feature was added to 4.2 SP6 or SP7 that allows you to clean this up.

I think the only other option would be to run DELETE commands on the database failed records tables.