cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS - Issue with Screen Size & Buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Haven't had much opportunity to work on ITS before. Hence have not been able to explore much so far.

Currently, I am facing the below Issue for one of my first ITS implementations. Any guidance/inputs will be really appreciated.

Scenario: A Custom ITS Transaction (Screens 16x20) has been developed & is working well for Motorola devices at different locations. Now, the same transaction is extended to a new location that is using different set of devices(Intermec)

Issue Description: It has been observed that on the Intermec Devices, the screens are not displayed correctly (Screen elements are misaligned).

Also, The Buttons/Function keys do not work for these devices.

Question:

1. Are we missing a trick here? Is there a setting/adjustment required to make the screens compatible with all devices and platforms?
  2. Also, is the below achievable via ITS:
  • Text-boxes/Buttons/Label sizes should increase when font size is increased

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baradakanta_swain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

1. Please check what is the browser engine being run in both devices. I think they may not be the same and because different browser engines render the HTML pages slightly differently you have this issue.

2. Pleas check note 1316326 - ITSmobile: HTML element size is independent of font size. I think SAP has decoupled these 2 attributes.

Regards

Barada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barada,

Thanks for the response.

1. The browser engines are indeed different across these devices.

2. We are verifying the suggestions as per Note 1316326. But the first step for us is to get the Screens correctly displayed on the Intermec devices.

Regards,

- Amit

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Coming back to your matter, you do know that SAP is available to match with many devices. But for the devices, like you mentioned "Intermec", you have to get a check from their correspondence support-team whether its compatible with combining with SAP or not?

In my experience, its the device resolution, which is not supporting here.

Also check the below,

Here to mention that One of my friend's recent issue got fixed, on the above document, using MOBILE4 instead of using MOBILE.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for the inputs.We are in touch with the Device Vendor Support Team.

Will post findings, resolutions, if any

Regards,

- Amit

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes, you update the feedback from the Device Support Team which will also help other people facing the same scenario in future, or else for the resolution fixed application buttons & layout you can have a design team do it for you or also can call SAP directly to assign a special team on your job & get the Device Layout designed/configured. If you have your own developer team on that with the required skills, you can also forward the below which might help in this matter,

Thanks,

Kaushik