cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classifcation Check for Document Info Records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm creating a new DIR using a template with defined classification data, the class has to check same classifications with error.

Problem:

in the classification wie I don't get the message that there is already classified with same charasteric values.

Only the status is "3* for incomplete, when I change the status manually into "1" release, then I get the message.

Comparison to the material master, function "check with error" works fine. I get the message automatically.

is this a known problem / error for documents classification ?

best regards

dhondu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dhondu Dangma,

I do not have idea for the process of DIR. But Yes, I can comment on classification functionality.

Can you help me to understand below setence?

Do u mean you are geeting error message only when class has status 1 - Release? And not geeting any error message when class has status 3 - incomplete?

If this is your doubt then my asnswer is...

First of this is not problem at all. This is known and standard behaviour of SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's not my doubt. I know that "check with error" is only done when status 1 release.

I think it's more a problem with the customizing of document type. in another document type with same class I don't had such problems with the classification.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you try with another document of same document type but with other class , it will help you coming to conclusion , i still think the error is specific to data , configuration doesn't play any role for a specific message type for a document type. Please check and come back.

Please share your results with forum.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhondu Dangma,

There is only one check available in setting up class , if you selected indicator you have below options.

• Do not check
  • Warning message
  • Check with error

The system does not check for identical values until values are assigned to all characteristics of the class. If you do not assign values to all characteristics, no check for identical classifications is made.are you assigning values to all characteristic without that error message will not be generated.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

I know this aspect or restrictions. All values must be assigned for the check.

in my example all values are assigned.

After testing the same class with another document type the check works fine as expected.

So i guess it the depends on the document types customizing.

best