cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making field as mandatory in FPM for MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I need to make some fields as mandatory in FPM configuration. I know the method to do in the old version but in the new version I don't know how to do that one. please help me in this case.

Thanks,

Pazhaneraajaa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member219747
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pazhaneraajaa,

Get to your feeder class.

Lets say CL_BS_BP_GUIBB_ROOT for General Data tab.

(We have different feeder classes here for different sections)

Go to method GET_DATA.

In this method in it's parameter list you have CT_FIELD_USAGE.

CT_FIELD_USAGE has line type FPMGB_S_FIELDUSAGE.

Now for all the fields you want to make mandatory, set field mandatory as 'X', your job will be done.

Let me know if you need further help on this.

Regards,

Mrityunjai

skamble
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried doing it but it's not working for me. I have checked the field mandatory check in general settings also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always make fields mandatory using the data model customizing. Does it fit for your requirements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

how to do it in the data model for the particular CR? I want to make it with the help of UI. Do you know how to make it ? . Please tell me the way to do in data model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! The Data Model is cross CR. If you want to do it Cr-dependant I have fear that you have to implement a BADI.

Doing it only using the UI i customizing/configuration I think is not possible, but let's see if somebody more experienced than me can suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If want to make it mandatory irrelevant for CR type do it in customzing . Then you will get * mark in UI of MDG

But If you want it by CR type then you have to handle it in BADI -

BAdI DefinitionUSMD_RULE_SERVICE

in check_entity method  .

implement this BADI and filter is ur data model and entity type . you Ger your cr as imporing parameter to this BADi. you have to give error message and you will not get * mark in the UI

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the BADI USMD_ACC_FLD_PROP_CUST_DEP_SET. Field properties could be set based on CR types by using the BADI. Also check the note 2308424.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP recommends to create your custom handler class (super class is CL_MDG_BS_ECC_HANDLER) and register in MDGIMG. You can redefine method CHECK_ENTITY_DATA and write whatever validations (error/warning msgs) you need.