SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Security Deposit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any standard function module / BAPI to release security deposit.?

BAPI  BAPI_CTRACCASHSECURITY_RELEASE fails to release partial security deposits.

9 REPLIES 9

saptarshi_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Have you tried using FKK_DB_SECURITY_UPDATE?

Regards,

Saptarshi

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

You can use BAPI_CTRACCASHSECURITY_PARTREL, for your requirement.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan

BAPI_CTRACCASHSECURITY_PARTREL : This BAPI aswell gives the same std message

Cash security deposit  has not been paid , release not possible.

Same message is given for BAPI_CTRACCASHSECURITY_RELEASE

0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

It seems you are trying to partially release a requested SD for which payment has not been made.

For a SD to get released, as per Standard SAP FM, FKK_S_CASH_SEC_RELEASE_CHECK, there is a check, where in if the status of the SD has to be equal to 04 (Paid), 88 (Partially released), 96 (Partially paid/cleared),99 (Reversed), other wise it raise the error message that you are getting.

The FM, FKK_S_CASH_SEC_RELEASE_CHECK gets called internally in the BAPI_CTRACCASHSECURITY_PARTREL.

Can you check the status of the SD request against which you are trying to release partially.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for the reply.

I have raised a SD request of Rs 3200. I took a payment of Rs 1500.This 1500 is now seen in the down payment tab of FPL9.

Even though I have taken a partial payment the Security Deposit No(Starting with 9) remains same for both Rs 1500 which is paid and 1700 which is unpaid.

On passing the SD no to the BAPI the error mentioned earlier is thrown.

I want to release SD to the tune of Rs 1500.

Where can i check the status of the SD i.e 96,99...

0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

I got your scenario. So in your scenario, the status of the SD is Partially paid (03).

You can check the status through FPSEC3 giving the SD request no.

Now you will not be able to do a partial release for this scenario, until and unless-

(a) You receive the payment in full for the remaining unpaid SD. Performing this activity would change the status to Paid (04), and then you will be able to initiate the release.

Or,

(b) Reverse the outstanding SD request for which the amount is unpaid.Performing this activity would change the status to Partially Paid/Cleared (96), and then you will be able to initiate the release.

So, if you do either of the two activity, first, then only you will be able to release the SD.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for your suggestions.

I suppose the first option would work fine.

I tried the second option(Reversing the unpaid SD Req)

FI documents for both Paid and Unpaid SD is same, reversing the unpaid document led to the reversing of the entire SD i.e paid and unpaid aswell..

Thanks Piyush

0 Kudos

Nope, there is an option available through FPSEC2, where in you can clear/reverse the  outstanding receivable.By performing this activity, you can only reverse the document item which is Open only.

Check the Option in the screenshot and try to do that in  your SAP System

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Yep it worked.The remaining SD got released after reversing the unpaid part.

Thanks