cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Intelligence OLAP connection and date field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using SAP BO 4.1 SP7 with an OLAP connection created in IDT to a MS SSAS Model.

In the model there is a Date dimension that has a FullDate field which contains the full date. see attached picture of the IDT and the sample values contained in the FullDate field.

In SSAS the FullDate field is a date datatype, but IDT sets it as string (as per the attachment).

In Web Intelligence, if I set a prompt on the FullDate field it doesn’t show the “calendar selector” to choose the date but it handles it as a string field (see attachment).

How do I tell SAP BO that the FullDate field is a date field and to handle it consequently? With “calendar” prompts, correct date sorting, etc.?

Using Excel to analyze the SSAS model everything works fine as the FullDate field is handled as a date datatype.

Thank you!

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the datatype to date in the IDT business layer and see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

as far as I can understand, the fields data types cannot be changed in OLAP sources.

This is the reason why the option is greyed out.

Roberto

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry i forgot your universe is OLAP..in this case in the prompt user need to select the values from LOV's or type manually.

Calendar will come in the prompt if data type is date.

For sorting in the report developer need to convert the string object to date  data type.After that sorting will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there really no way? maybe creating a calculated element in the universe with MDX code or something...

It is absolutely needed that users are able to use that FullDate field as a date field... like they do accessing the SSAS model in excel.

Thank you,

Roberto