Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SAP NW version in SWC

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a little doubt why in the PI 7.4 and PI 7.5 when i create a new Software component, i can't get the right PI version:

Do you have the same issue?. Any explanation with any meaning?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

This option is to define the basic settings for your service interfaces under this software component.

• SAP Netweaver 7.0
    • Default interface pattern is Stateless(XI 3.0-Compatible) cannot be changed
    • You can only define one operation for each service interface
    • The name of the operation and service interface name should be same.
  • SAP Netweaver 7.1 which means SAP Netweaver 7.1+, if you select this option you can use all interface pattern options in the service interface because these options came from 7.1 on wards.

You can check this link for more information

Usability of Interface Objects - Managing Services in the Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Libra...

Basically you need to select this option before developing any interfaces under the software component, so initially you are setting this option and you are telling the system i am going to develop 7.0 based service interfaces or 7.1 based service interfaces.

I hope i clarified your query.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Check whether your Standard SWCV Basis is updated properly to 7.4/7.5 or not. If not then update the metadata.

Thanks,

Apu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Any tip?.

Regards

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I had a same thought long ago when i started using PI 7.4, now i am using 7.5 also but in Software Component it shows 7.0 & 7.1 only.

But it doesn't have any co-relation or dependencies with other objects, if i am right!

Even i am curious to know this why its not displaying right version.

Regards,

Dipen.