cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination for sample goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

My customer need red invoice of sample for audit purpose.

Price also maintains for sample. But it doesn't post to customet account. Instead, it post to expense & revenue.

I've followed link

But the system doesn't generate accounting document while creating billing . Error came from zero value of net value.

I made the following steps:

1. Create condition type zfoc by copying ctype PR00. Tick accurual.

2. Create new pricing procedure and assign ctype ZFOC to new pricing procedure. I maintain only account key for g/l account & accurual without others.

3. Create revenue account determination and assign account for g/l account & provision.

Please advise. Thank you so much.

Duc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Price also maintains for sample. But it doesn't post to customet account. Instead, it post to expense & revenue.

Have you maintained proper customer recon accounts in customer masters under company code data tab.

But the system doesn't generate accounting document while creating billing . Error came from zero value of net value.

This error occurs due to the wrong value flow i.e. a line item is present with zero value or due to the assignment to ERL in both account key and accruals.

We use account key & accruals in the case shown above is to nullify the entries entries for a particular condition type as per business requirement.

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet,

I followed the link for my scenario.

Please me explain my scenario again:

My customer want to post gift goods amount to account expense & revenue. Since this is free goods, they don't want to recognize this amount in customer account. They also mention price in sales order as normal sales. The  difference point is account determination.

Besides, I already maintained customer recon account in customer masters under company code data tab.

Please suggest the solution, thank you

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got your points.

Why not you are using the Proforma Invoice concept, where in while invoicing you don't have to bother about accounting document as per your client requirement and it will also take care the normal sales process.

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet,

Thank you for your reply,

Since There is no Accounting document generated for this Proforma Invoices, i cannot post revenue& expense to FI. Please kindly let me know if you have any idea

Duc

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case you need to use alternate recon account config to replace your customer Recon a/c with some recon account provided by business as per the confirmation. So in that case a/c entries will be as follows:

Customer              DR 131XXXX will be replaced by some other recon account as per the config.

To Revenue           CR

To Expense           CR

you can configure the same via path:

IMG - SD - Basic Function - Account Assignment/Costing - Reconciliation Account Determination

Please refer the below threads for more details:

Change of Reconciliation Account in Billing doc... | SCN

https://monicaradytia.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/alternative-reconciliation-account-for-customer/

Hope this will help you.

Many Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet,

Thank you for your reply,

Since my customer want to post amount to DR of expense & to CR of revenue, can I replace recon account by expense account? this is because I see that expense account is P&L statement account, recon account is Balance sheet account .

Please advise?

Duc

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't thing that will be possible and should be suggested to client. Loop in your FI consultant for more details.

Thanks.

SS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Urgent, please

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the screenshot of the pricing analysis screen in billing document and analysis of account determination screen with the error screen short.

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet,

I would like to send screenshot, please advise

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you have assign same ERL in account key and accrual?

What exactly to want to achieve in term of accounting i.e example:

Customer              DR

to Revenue           CR

Accrual concept normally used in case of rebate scenario.

Thanks.

SS