cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA for J2ee and Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I setup EWA sucsessfully for my ABAP-world. But how to do this for Java World.

Can anybody provide me with a simple step by step procedure. Thank you in advance.

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Note 976054 - Availability of EWA for Non ABAP components

This notes includes a step by step word document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anett,Sjoerd,

thanks a lot for assistance.

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wolfgang,

have u done with EWA setup for Portal?

I have a problem when I run SMDIAG_WIZARD. error : <i>Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCRes jktgrhxsapepq (RC=)</i>

I also try to setup from host:port/smd/wizard . On managed system setup, I can't go to the next step for setup.

Error in troubleshooting :

<i>XML Template could not be read : com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Bad Attribute value(:main:, row:2, col:15)(cause=com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException XMLParser: Bad Attribute value (:main:, row:2, col:15))</i>

any idea?

stephan_prat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please see page:

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

annett_michel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

please see in the SAP Solution Manager system: SPRO -> SAP Solution Manager -> Basic Settings (the advanced one) -> EWA -> EarlyWatch Alert -> EWA for non-ABAP.

As you should have all the other Basic Settings configured anyways (which is important as you need to have Diagnsotics setup and SDCCN etc.) up to this point, you just need to follow the steps described.

Best regards,

Annett.

0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

These notes might help:

Note 738676 - Service Data Download for Non-ABAP Components

Note 972682 - Integration of GRMG requests into the EWA

From the notes:

- The SAP J2EE engine can only be integrated into the EarlyWatch Alert with Add-On ST-SER 620_2006_1 or later.

- The service content for the different components (e.g. the J2EE engine) is independent from this note and partially (e.g. for the J2EE engine) <b>still in development</b> and therefore not available.

Regards,

Sjoerd Lubbers