cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Downpayment with third party sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to create third party sales order with dynamic down payment.

Below are the requirement highlights:

1. System to propose down payment amount, based on purchase price (main condition) in sales order.

2. User can change the down payment if needed. There is no control on change.

3. Once sales order is saved, down payment request needs to be generated based on down payment value in condition.

4. Down Payment can be 0, partial,100%.

5. 100% DP, to be treated as cash sale.

0%, to be ignored for down payment request and sub-subsequent processing to be done immediately.

Partial case, down payment document to be created and cleared for further processing of sales order.

I am not sure if, I can use billing plan here as down payment is not constant and can vary (by system logic OR user can change it).

Can you please advice how can I achieve the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont get your first point.  Down Payment is nothing but the seller get some payment in advance for supply of some materials at a later date.  This being the case, why where you relating this to purchase price?  Do you maintain the purchasing price in sale order?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply!!

I wanted to say that down payment amount will be based on procurement cost of item. For example, if procurement cost is Rs 1000, down payment could be 10% OR 100. If procurement cost is 10000, downpayment could be 20% or 2000. Also user will have option to change it.

Remaining amount can be paid in installments and installments can vary.

Let me know if any further details required.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
down payment amount will be based on procurement cost of item.

At the time of creating sale order, how system would check the procurement cost?  Is this maintained somewhere in SAP?  Nevertheless, you need to go with customization.  Through standard, it is not possible. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G Lakshmipathi,

Yes, you are correct. Its will be enhancement.

Can you please let me know when to use condition based down payment, instead of billing plan and what are advantages/disadvantage in both options.

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Check this link

Link Removed

Hope this help.

Regards,

Ganapathi Raman P

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Just providing some link without any explanation is  not encouraged in SCN.  Please avoid this