Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during EHP - DBCLONE PHASE

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the issue describe in SAP Note "1778732 - SQL0960C The maximum number of objects encountered in DBCLONE phase".

Regarding solution 2:

+ Is virtual table conversion only possible with DBACOCKPIT?

+ How can I check if theses candidate tables belong to the tablespace that I want (<SID>#POOLD)? (Not checking one by one)

+ Can I choose which empty tables will be converted or DBACOCKPIT will convert all tables listed in "Candidates for Virtualization"?

+ How long does this normally last? I have 60000 candidates for Virtualization, 32 Gb estimated space savings.

I was also thinking that I could stop the job in SM37, get the error from SUM and reset the procedure, is it safe to do it? What happens with the new tablespaces created? are the they deleted automatically by the procedure? Then maybe I could apply SAP Note "1019242 - DB6: SQL0960C "maximum number of objects in tablespace" before launching the process again.

System Info:

SAP_BASIS 7.4 SP7

DB6 10.5 FP7

DB size: 8TB

Best regards,

JA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check note 1151343 - DB6: Using "Deferred Table Creation"

The creation of virtual tables is possible using the sapinst tool during installation and using the DBACOCKPIT tool.

Check this document as it has all the answers you are looking for.

Check the update guide for the reset procedure and what needs to be done. The reset of the upgrade should revert all the changes made during the EHP /SP update. If you are not running out of time then the best would be to reset the upgrade and start again.

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the document Reagan.

Best regards.

Answers (0)