cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI messages logs where it stores in backend tables and can we get these information into ECC automatically?

former_member308595
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am having few questions ,

(1) where exactly PI messages logs (like which file name , path) are storing in backend database ? any  specific duration for that that details in DB?

(2) Can we fetch  these message log information , and send it to ECC automatically?

(3) Can we send reports of status how many messages are processed in  PI automatically to ECC?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. use ALEAUDIT message from PI back to ECC to report of the outbound IDoc status.
  2. For synch. messages you will get response immediately (like in Sync. Proxy)
  3. see No.1
former_member308595
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimrod thanks for your inputs.

Can you elaborate step by step .

Thanks

Shiva

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

http://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjZ9ofcqozPAhWFvxQKHUNoBM...

SAP platforms has its entire own monitoring and messaging solutions.

If you are using IDocs you can use the ALE infrastructure.

If you are using PROXY use the XI message protocol.

For example, if the ECC system send the SAP PI IDoc, an automatic Ack. message is generated. you ned to map it to the ALEAUDIT IDoc and send it back to the ECC (Receiver determination,Receiver Agreement,IDOc channel...etc.)

Can you elaborate what is the process you are trying to monitor (end to end) ?

former_member308595
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimrod,

In my project I have IDoc , Proxy , FTP(File).... Scenario's.

In PI Database monitoring we are seeing total how may messages are processed for day (including error , successful,Canceled ..).

I want to get this total messages are processed from PI as a report to ECC.

Thanks

Shiva

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have the latest solution manager you can configure End to End process monitoring.for the PI and the other SAP systems.

No need to invent the wheel.

You have alerting mechanism to alert you on error messages in PI.

Basically, all the customers I have build Integration solutions where satisfied and felt safe with the existing PI monitoring capabilities. No need to invent the wheel.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Check the below discussion and links inside it

Extracting PI monitor values from a webService | SCN

former_member308595
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please answer the below.

(1) where exactly PI messages logs (like which file name , path) are storing in backend database ? any  specific duration for that that details in DB?

(2) Can we fetch  these message log information , and send it to ECC automatically?

(3) Can we send reports of status how many messages are processed in  PI automatically to ECC?

Thanks,

Shiva