cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Personas 3.0 Editor not loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

After I click the Personas icon on top nothing is happening and the the blue circle (as shown below) keep rotating for ever. I am not sure what is wrong and places to check whether it is an issue with the configuration.  I get the same issue with Microsoft Edge , Internet Explorer and Chrome Browser.

I did the health check and it shows the below message.  I have been told by BASIS consultant that we are on BASIS 740 SP 9 hence the kernel patch level should not cause an issue .  Please suggest

Kindly share your views.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Actually, the kernel patch level IS your problem.

The minimum required level for your Personas support package is 200 and you are on 28.

See note 2175479 for all details regarding SP01.

The remaining global memory is also low in this system. There seems to be a lot going on using ITS, so you may have to increase the em/global_area_MB profile parameter value if you are facing problems.

Lastly, Personas 3.0 SP01 is out of support. You need to upgrade to at least SP02 but in a few months even that will be unsupported as soon as SP04 comes out. So your best bet would be to upgrade to SP03. For this, you must install kernel patch 401 as the minimum. Use note 2295995 for SP03 to make sure your environment gets fully updated once you installed the current support package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas for your guidance. The Kernel traffic light has turned green now after update ( as you suggested).  It is 'Global Memory (em/global_area_MB) which system is complaining about . I am functional consultant and don't know much technical details but I believe we can change em/global_area_MB in transaction RZ11. How do I change/influence the value of Global memory left?

Kindly advice

Regards

Sam

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Increasing em/global_area_MB will provide more memory available to ITS so it should help with the Global Memory traffic light in the health check.

However if right now you are not experiencing slowdowns or other problems while using Personas, you may be still OK. This will depend on other activities using the ITS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas ,

Health check now shows following error messages . May I know your view please?

Regards

Sam

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please ask your basis consultant to follow the Installation- and Configuration Guide and to also review the SP03 master note 2295995.

All the answers to these problems can be found there.

In short: you have to install kernel patch level 401 or higher, and make sure all relevant notes are implemented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your guidance Tamas.  Now I am facing another issue in run time but I will open a separate thread for it .

Ragards

Sam

Answers (0)