Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of PS Network/Activity for selected cProject element

former_member184335
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thanks for helping in creating the WBS element automatically from cProject structure using account integration.

Will it possible to create network and activity in Project System  from cProject ?

I have integrated Portfolio Item with cProject and then from cProject to Project System. If there any other way of achieving it then also I am ready to change the config.

Note : My requirement is to create a PS Project (with set of WBS elements and Network Activities) from cProject, so that I can use DFM to perform the scheduling.

Regards,

AP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

As per my knowledge, this is a non-standard SAP functionality and you might achieve this by following development + logic.

Let's say that, in Customizing, PPM Project element creates WBS elements in PS. Now any modification to this mapping has to be done through BADIs. If I am not wrong, you can try BADI DPR_FIN_IMP_FACTORY and Class CL_DPR_FIN_GECCO_IMPLEMENT.

SAP also provides an example implementation class - DPR_FIN_IMP_GECCO - which explain how you can set accounting integration when replicating project to ECC.

But the key for you here will be to change the transfer object type from WBS to Network activity for selected components. What I would suggest is to configure a unique "Task type" and use it in operational PPM Project where the PPM element is to be transferred as Activity and not WBS. Now this Task type has to be identified in above mentioned BADI for its conversion to Network activity in ECC / PS Project.

Please check with your development team reg details of which method to be implemented specifically to achieve the results.

Best regards,

Aditya

former_member184335
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

Thanks for your great explanation. I will check with the development team.

Regards,

AP

Answers (0)