cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm raising this question again: IDOC sender info

Former Member
0 Kudos

in an IDOC to file scenario, i m sending an IDOC from a SAP system,

for doing so, i m triggering the IDOC from we19(picking IDOC no. of an already sent IDOC from we05),

Now, in the EDIDC of the IDOC, i give the port/partner no. of the receiver, now the problem is ...what should i give as the sender port/partner no, what is its relevance.......

Message was edited by:

sudeep dhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep

Try these links. The same parameters have been discussed before

Hope these links help.

Regards.

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sudeep,

also go throgh this weblog

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

for this example.

sender port -> SAP+( SID of r/3 system) ex: SAPERP

sender partnerno -> LS_SAP_800

Receiver -> port -> ( port you have created for sap xi)

p.n.-> LS_XI_100

Regards,

Deviprasad.

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

when idoc is sent from r/3 to xi, then idoc header contains sender port as SAP R/3 port and reciever port as XI port.......these ports are maintaned in WE21 transaction of R/3..........so when idoc comes to xi, then in XI in IDX1 transaction you create the port for R/3 and in IDX2 transaction, your idoc metadata comes after you run your this scenario successfully.....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2279. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheep,

Sender Port will be "SAP"+SID of your R3 server.

Sender PartnerName will be the logical system name of your R3 server.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ha bhavesh,

thats ok,

but now can u clarify, does i need to have this system maintained in the SLD with the same logical name(as business system) as its appearing in the EDIDC of IDOC, coz i think this is the way my scenario identifies that IDOC is coming from the intended sender.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheep,

yes. That is absoluttely necessary.

You need to create a technical sytstem and a correspoding Business System for the corresponding client with the correct logical system name in the SLD of XI.

When the Idoc is triggered from the SAP system using the Sender Partner Name and Sender Partner Port, the corresponding Business System in XI's SLD is identified and this is used a the Sender Service , the sender interface and namespace are taken from the Idoc sent to XI and thereby the rest of the processing happens.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please see the below links

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

IDOc testing - /people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

Idoc settings https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c...

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes bhavesh..thanks a ton...really...

that means when i maintain that sender sap system in the SLD, i will use the same name as that SAP system uses to send the IDOC...means the name "SAP"SystemIdClientNo.....

and one more thing, do i need to have a port maintained in the XI to import the IDOC metadata, from the sender SAP system, coz...i have seen in the SXMB moni trace that:

<Trace level="1" type="T">Get the Metadata for port SAPSD1</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">----

</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">IDX_STRUCTURE_GET Details</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Port : SAPSD1</Trace>

here SAPSD1 is the sender system....

means its trying to import metadata usinng this port.....SAPSD1...