cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to fetch Date fields via FM in OData service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am following SEGW approach to develop OData service via standard function module for Query and Read operations.

The issue is that OData service does nt work when date fields are added in the properties of entities , and throws an error

"in the context of OData service an unknown internal error occurred" . Looking at the error logs i see the below message "Invalid format (return table)  Row Number 1 property Name : STRMLFNT", property value '00000000'

But when Date related fields are removed from OData eityty properties the service works fetching the data of other fields, Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Date property to be set as Nullable in the GW model in SEGW.

Please check the below.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

I also tried changing the property to nullable , and facing the below error with different property value

..ERROR_INFOInvalid format (return table): Row Number 45,  Property Name 'STRMLFNT',  Property Value '736205 '
AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the Edm.Type used for the property STRMLFNT ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edm.DateTime

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to debug and check what is the value getting mapped as GW response to this property.

I see that format of the date is wrong which is mapped as response. It should be YYYYMMDD.

Please check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The manual adding of deleted entity did nt work. Creating a new entity set with nullable has worked.

Thank you

Answers (0)