Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Rules For WBS Hierarchy

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 5 WBS hierarchy under a main WBS number. If i set the settlement rule at the root WBS number and execute CJ88, the system says i also need to maintain the settlement rules for the 5 lower level WBS elements under the hierarchy.

However i do not want to maintain the same settlement rules again and again to the lower WBS elements. So how i can tell the system to adopt the settlement rules maintained in the root wbs element for all other lower wbs elements?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anthony_fisher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

In new projects a settlement rule can be maintained at the Project Definition.  This rule is then defaulted down to subordinate WBS elements when the settlement screen for these WBS elements is opened.  This is useful but problematic as it still requires users to open the settlement rule screen for each WBS element.

A better approach would be to define a Strategy for Settlement rules via the IMG.  Once a strategy has been defined and assigned to a project profile you can use transaction codes CJB1 or CJB2 to populate settlement rules throughout your projects according to the strategies defined.  These can even be scheduled to run nightly as batch jobs if you wish.

Hopefully helpful,

Tony

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Thanks for replying but i think it solves only one part of the problem. In my case i want to settle all the WBS costs to the same Asset.

In this case even if i use a strategy to generate the settlement rules, how can i specify the asset number in each of the settlement rule automatically?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please configure Determine Strategy for Settlement Rule

and run CJB2.

Thanks

Abdul

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i have linked it to an AUC investment profile and the AUC is auto created when releasing the WBS, why the system is not assigning the AUC to the settlement rules automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

If you have settings to create AUC when WBS is released, then no need to create a settlement rule for WBS --> AUC settlements. Directly execute CJ88 periodically and you will see the settlements happening.

However, when you want to capitalize the Asset from AUC, you will create that rule in CJIC and after that you will see the settlement rule against that WBS.

Best regards,

Aditya

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I have maintained the final settlement rules to the final asset using CJIC, however when i tried to execute CJ88 the settlement is not happening to the final asset.

How can i ensure the final settlement is posted to the final asset?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Please make sure that you have selected settlement processing type as "8 Full Settlement".

Best regards,

Aditya

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Aditya, however, an alternative way is to set the WBS element to TECO and run the CJ88 with Automatic processing type and it settles. Your option also will work anyway.

I found this out yesterday, please do take note as well.