Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TextEdit element issue when using heightmode = resizable

wiljer05
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Day.

Does anyone know a solution on this issue ?

Replication steps:

1.       Webdynpro setup

a.       Within the same view, Create two TextEdit elements and link to context

b.       Set the heightmode to resizable on both UI Elements

c.       Create a button to trigger a round trip

2.       Issue replication

a.       Click on first TextEdit elements, Enter a value

b.       Click on the second TextEdit elements, Enter a value

c.       Click on the first TextEdit elements, Enter a value

d.       Trigger a round trip by pressing the button. ** This results in the value stored in the second TextEdit element to be discarded **

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi..

In the action of that button or wddinit method of view ,clear the attribute of second text-edit.

wiljer05
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I am not sure I understand what you are proposing. What attribute should I be clearing?

Kind Regards,

Jeremy.

0 Kudos

Hi..

The attribute which you bind with second text-edit.

wiljer05
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi..

This makes no sense to me at all. Please help me understand this logic? I am trying to retain values, not clear them.

0 Kudos

Ohk..for retain..

Create attribute same as text-edit2 in component controller and map it.this will hold value for controller life

Or

For permanent.

Create DB table,in action store that value in table and in wddinit method take latest value to display in text-edit2.

wiljer05
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think you clearly not understanding my issue,

Both Text Edits are bound to two different component controller attributes...

If you set the value of the heightmode in both the text-element UI elements to = resizable, as per the original post ** Note I am not referring to the Binding of where the actual text should be stored on the component controller *** and follow the steps to as per the original post, you will hopefully see that text is lost when doing a round trip. The issue does not have anything to do with the binding to the component controller attributes, this is correct. The issue is when setting the heightmode = resizable on the UI element and following a certain sequence. If the UI value for height mode is NOT changed to resizable on both elements, then the values ARE retained.