cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Transaction and Dynamic Transaction call

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi , I would like to understand the difference and the use of Dynamic transaction call and usage where normal transaction call can't be used . Would appreciate if you can provide some examples . Thanks, Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kishore,
The main use of this functionality I have seen is to implement "user exit" style functionality. A plant or customer might require some custom logic so they can develop their own custom transaction and the main application can read some configuration somewhere to determine which transaction to call dynamically at runtime. This allows some flexibility without modifying the base implementation.

Regards,
Christian

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for the reply . But i can still call the custom transaction using the "Transaction call" action block . Can you please provide a simple example showing the use of "Dynamic Transaction call" over "Transaction Call" action block . I don't see any difference in Input or Output links parameters between those two . Thanks, Kishore K V

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember not being able to specify the transaction name at runtime but I guess they must have addressed that at some point.

Regards,
Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos