Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Posting to PS

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have situation to process something in BW and then post back the processed data back into PS. Can this be done through BW to PS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your BW & PS both in the same client? If No, then you may need to develop a RFC and connect the BW system with PS.

If both are in the same client then please provide more details regarding the process you want to map and the kind of data to be transferred.

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes both are in the same client. I want to post costs postings to WBS elements in the PS module via journal entry. But the costs to be posted will be determined by BW and it should also trigger the journal posting in R/3.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You can do it. use standard BAPIs to post to WBS, once you are through  with the process in BW..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer below links. You may need to use BW Extractor for getting the required data:

Project System – Residual Order Plan - Program and Project Management - SAP Library

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

You mean i can call the Accounting document BAPI from BW? Which part of the BW module can be used to do this because my BW guy was telling it cannot be done.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I am not a BW person, but I feel it should be possible to post the values from BW to PS..

Else what you can do, once the postings are confirmed.. you can send the data as an flat file to ECC and then use batch job to post to the WBS..

The downside would be it wont be a real time postings.. Whereas if you can call BAPI from BW that would make it real-time.

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes that's what my BW guys are saying that we cannot call BAPI from BW. That is strange right? Is SAP so bad?

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I cannot say for sure..   you need to post it in SAP BW forum to get a clear answer..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

It depends upon what are you trying to post to SAP PS. technically you can send across anything.

Regards

Sammar