Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rework order issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to run a rework process and got into error

Steps done are

1. Production order 1234 created & GR done for the order, for Finished material ABC

2. Inspection lot created and Quality usage decision done as rejected

3. Inspection Lot quantity moved to blocked stock

4. Rework order 5678 created in CO07, with the original production order 1234 as the settlement receiver

5. CO11N - Confirmation done for the rework order 5678

6. I am trying to issue the Finished material ABC to the rework order 5678, by taking the stock from Blocked stock in MIGO screen and getting the error as "Check combination of stock type and movement type". Movement type comes by default as 261 and stock type I manually selected as "Blocked stock". Should I issue Finished material ABC to the rework order only from unrestricted stock & not from blocked stock?

Please guide to proceed further.

Thanks

Sakthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer this blog on rework all steps are here,

Best Regards,

R.BRahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I gone through your blog already. Thanks for the good blog.

But still the blog says Goods to be issued by 261 movement to the rework production order. To my understanding 261 movement will related to unrestricted stock only and not to blocked stock. But in our case we need to issue the same defect finished good only from blocked stock to the rework order. So was not clear, can you confirm if the goods issue to the rework order to be issued only from unrestricted stock? If that is the case, it means we need to issue a non-defect finished good to rework order. So before making goods issue with 261 movement from unrestricted stock, do we first transfer the blocked stock to unrestricted and then goods issue to rework order with 261?

Thanks

Sakthi

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a doubt here

You are trying to create the Production order in CO07  (without material) and also you are trying to  consume the blocked stock in the production order.

So after completion the rework process you are not able to do the MB31 as the order is without material.

So how will you generate the stock of the FG material again?

As per my understanding, once the rework activity is completed, you need to transfer the stock from Blocked to quality (if any rework again than only) or Directly to Unrestricted

Also this is not possible to issue the blocked stock directly to the production order with the Movement type 261.

You have to transfer the stock to the Unres, stock to consume it in the production order.

Hope this helps

Regards

SS

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sakthi,

If possible share your screen shot with us of more understanding

Please check below step

1. You have to issue all the component (which are you use at the time of rework order If) against your Rework order with help of Tcode: MB1A with movement type 261 and next step is confirm the Operation.

Once above process completed you can move Stock from Blocked stock to Quality stock (Finished material Stock which you blocked in last process) With help of MB1B with movement type 349 and for further Inspection for same qty. 

You can do again Result recording and UD for same qty and stock move to Unrestricted stock

Please check and revert

Regards

Umesh Mali

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

One more point I want to add here.

As per my understanding, there is no need to do the point 6 of your query.

Just do the raw material consumption and Hour confirmation against your Rework order.

As the settlement rule is the main production order, the cost will automatically settle to the main order.

Than transfer the material form the Blocked stock to the FG stock.

Hope this helps

Regards

SS

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hello,

If you consume the same defective  material in rework order then how will you produce the inventory for this material as there is no good receipt for the rework order header material created through CO07. 261 movement for rework order is for excess consumption of components which required during the rework process. So once the rework is complete then you need to move the material from block stock to normal unrestricted stock by using movement like 349..

Or another way is make different storage location for rework material post the rework quantity to this storage location as unrestricted stock then create new production order with CO01 with rework order type and here assign the rework material as component so that it will get consume and you will have GR for your production orders.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar

I want the reworked material to be inspected again.In that case no need to move to unrestricted? and to quality stock?

So if no extra components consumed during rework and only the same FG is reworked, no need of any GI/GR to either rework/original production order?

Thanks

Sakthi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, If you use CO07 and consume the FG then you can't do the GR. Rework order is to capture the additional cost of rework in terms of operation or the additional component only. How about you create the new order with order type RWRK (new order type just for rework) and consume the FG in it and declare the same FG which has no defect. Thanks Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies. I still have this doubt. Once the rework order is created I have to issue the FG material ABC to the rework order, just to remove the defects in it by say remoulding.No other additional component needed for rework except the FG ABC with defect. So to issue the FG ABC to the rework order I move the FG from blocked stock to unrestricted and then issue to the production order. Once I issue to the rework order, FG in unrestricted stock will disappear as it is issued to the rework order already and unrestricted stock becomes empty now. So I cannot further move the FG from unrestricted to quality stock as the unrestricted stock is now empty because the FG is issued to the rework order already. Also when I tried to do GR of the same FG in MIGO to move to Quality stock, system says GR cannot be done. So either way I cannot bring the material to quality stock. Please help with solution.

Thanks

Sakthi

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GR will not be done for rework order. To get stock for reworked material Do the GR for original order & settle the both order.

refer below thread for information.

rework order | SCN

Rework Order GR Query | SCN

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep kumar Praharaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

When tried GR for the original production order in MIGO I get message Document XXXX does not contain any selectable items. When already GR is done first time (and inspection lot rejected to blocked stock) how will system allow GR for second time for the same original production order. Is this the issue why I get the error in MIGO?

Thanks

Sakthi

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes you are correct, It is not possible to make the GRN again against the Original production order if you already did the MB31.

As I already said, There is no need to issue to the FG (Blocked stock) in the Rework Production order.

You just need to book the consumption posting (if any) and hour (if any) to the rework order and once the rework activity complete, transfer the blocked stock to the Unres. Stock.

Hope this helps

Regards

SS

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes for that issue you are getting Error.so you can use the steps suggested by saurabh or if you are Issuing the finished good stock to rework order than increase the parent order production order quantity so that you will not get the error.

This is a other work around kindly test use as required.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Kumar Praharaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

I want to inspect again the reworked lot. In that case how to bring it again to quality stock?

Instead of blocked to unrestricted transfer do I need to transfer from blocked to quality stock? if so please share the movement type commonly used for this.

So to my understand once UD rejected and inspection lot brought to blocked, there is no need to do either GI or GR both for rework or the original production order? Just we confirm the rework order and transfer stock from blocked to quality ?

Thanks

Sakthi

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You may use transaction 349 Transfer posting blocked stock to quality inspection stock for transferring the Blocked stock to the QI stock

and

343 Transfer posting blocked stock to unrestricted-use stock for transferring Blocked stock to the Unres Stock.

Hope this helps

Regards

SS

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

In standard way you have to move stock from Blocked to unrestricted.

But if you still want to issue from block stock then Change the attribute of message type MIGO043 to warning in TCODE OMCQ. Then it will allow to issue from blocked stock.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you have to issue the Stock by moving the stock from blocked stock  to unrestricted stock than issue it to production order.

Kindly revert if any issue exist.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Kumar Praharaj

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sakthi,

For your issue check the below solution

1. As current your stock in "Blocked Stock", so you have to transfer the stock from "blocked stock" to "Quality Stock". Use tcode: MB1B with movement type 349. and follow same above process to move stock in Unrestricted stock

I hope this information helpful to you

Regards

Umesh Mali