cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Service is not getting activating with Port 25 in SMICM TC

former_member222381
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually am trying for the Offline Workflow for Approval and Reject without SAP Logon with reference to below link steps.

Offline Workflow Approval in ECC R/3 without SAP Logon from E-Mail (Outlook)

In this I configured the SCOT with SMTP node,..

port as 25 and saved.

Mail is triggering to our company domain mail id, when smtp service port is 0, 2500, 25000, 25001.

But when i change the SMTP service port to 25, it is not getting activating.

Please do u have any idea about this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member222381
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies...

PLease find as if i give permission for others sticky bit for the file icmbnd, then the octal number is chaging from 4750..

So i kept it has 4750, and getting ./sendmail stop command not found after executing...

Do we need to do anything in mail server..

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello RKR,

You need to involve your operating system team, so they identify what is using the TCP port 25.

Then, you need to stop that process, so the ICM can use the port 25.

The following WIKI page could help.

How to find the process binding a TCP port - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Isaías

former_member222381
Participant
0 Kudos

Then how they are activating the port 25 in SMTP..inn the above link.

If i keep it as port 25 only that concept will workout for me.

Can u make it sure as it not like that nu,...

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RKR,

Can you please check one if sticky bit is set on "icmbnd" file in kernel directory. Also check this in both location (/sapmnt & ../DVE..)

This file is owned by root:sapsys and it should have sticky bit file permission assigned.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RKR,

Can you please make sure that file icmbnd in your kernel has root:sapsys as the owner and 4750 as the permission? Then you need to disable sendmail on the server on which port 25 needs to be used by SAP. Use the command

./sendmail stop

to disable sendmail so that port get freed up if it is being used by sendmail. If your SAP version is higher than 4.6C you don't need to use sendmail as SAP will talk directly to the SMTP Server.

You also probably need to check in your firewall and get the inbound rule added for your server's IP address on port 25 to allow incoming mails.

Now try to activate the SMTP service from SMICM. Let me know if that helps.

Best Regards,

Saurabh Pandey

former_member222381
Participant
0 Kudos

Specific Reason for activating 25 port in SMTP service in SMICM is as the same steps are followed in the below link for workflow.,So i just want to activate with port 25.

Offline Workflow Approval in ECC R/3 without SAP Logon from E-Mail (Outlook

In SCOT configuration i have mentioned the 25 port, and in SMICM SMTP service is not getting activating in port 25..

After netstat -an | grep -i LISTEN | grep 25 command execution getting below result.

tcp 0 0 *.25 *.* Listen

tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1.57875 *.* Listen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That just confirms what has been said and that port 25 is in use (sendmail). If you want to follow the article you have referred to (I haven't read through it) then you have to choose another port number (not 25).

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RKR,

Port 25 is traditionally used by the sendmail service.

You can check that by executing "netstat -an | grep -i LISTEN | grep 25"

KR,

Amerjit

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RKR,

It might be possible that port 25 is already been used by any other TCP/IP service. Please try to check that and free up that port.

Thanks,

Manish

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any specific reason you need to use port 25 for SMTP ?

Regards,

Anil