Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Connection ??

former_member284785
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue with SAP Business Client 6.0. The temporary connection is disable when I click on a link that begin by sap-nwbc://

I know that for NWBC it must write "<AllowTemporaryConnections>TRUE</AllowTemporaryConnections>" in NwbcOptions.xml.

But I don't fint that I must write in SAPUILandscape.xml

Someone cam help me ?

Thank you in advance !

Regards.

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

see Startup using URL

consider an update to the latest version of SAP Business Client (8.00)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member284785
Participant
0 Kudos

Probleme solved

s_elhamed01
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you pls share your solution. I've the same problem.

Many yhanx.

S.EL HAMED

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There are two options:

1. You create the specified system entry in the SAP Business Client System selection (FLP or NWBC connection type)
  2. You enable such external startup URL for all system connections by changing the admin setting AllowTemporaryConnections to True:

In the folder C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC (%ProgramData%\SAP\NWBC\) you will find either NwbcOptions.xml file or a template "NwbcOptions.xml.70template". (this means the SAP Business Client is using the default parameters and the configuration file has never been updated)

If you have a different version, then the name of the template might be different. More details you will find there: SAP Help - Administrator Configuration

Then open this file and search for AllowTemporaryConnections and change the value to True. Save the file and then try again.

<!-- Enable connection to systems that do not have a local definition via startup URL. If you specify "true", Business Client can be started via sap-nwbc:// URLs to systems that are not predefined by admin. -->
<NwbcOptions>
	<SingleOptions>
		<AllowTemporaryConnections>True</AllowTemporaryConnections>
	</SingleOptions>
</NwbcOptions>