cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Quality in PD HTML Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been following a couple of discussions from 2 years ago - and . My problem is similar in that when I generate the graphics in PNG or JPEG the graphics quality is unacceptable. But when I generate in SVG, two problems occur.  One is the annoying link above the graphic to the adobe SVG viewer, but more importantly, when you click a link in the graphic the next page instantiates in the table cell the original graphic was in which results in ever increasingly smaller view areas  See the two screen grabs, below:

When I use either JPEG or PNG graphics everything works really well from a navigation perspective, except that the graphics are unacceptably bad, as I said earlier. Is there any way of getting PD to increase the quality of the PNG files, or getting the HTML to use full frames each time you click on a link when using the SVG option?

Similar to some of the earlier posters, we have many many graphics, and a manual fix is not my preferred option here.

Thanks in advance

Cameron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of PowerDesigner are you using? If you are getting Adobe SVG content generated then I suspect you are pre-16.5 (and maybe even V16?). The updates to the Adobe SVG addin was stopped many years ago (I mean by the addin author Adobe, not Sybase/SAP)

What we have done is write some post processing scripts to enable the native SVG content in the generated HTML (as all modern browsers natively support this) - and modified the HTML to add a reference to SVG pan & zoom (https://github.com/ariutta/svg-pan-zoom ). This was all done after the fact, but the results mean the content is in an easily consumable format for HTML viewing.

If you are on an older version of PD, or want to enhance it to support pan & zoom I think the post processing is the only way I'm aware off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, Gareth. The problem was fixed by doing an upgrade (i'm somewhat embarrassed to disclose just how far back I was!). I appreciate your time on this thread.

Cameron

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't be embarrassed about being out of date, Cameron, I came across a company last year that is still using PD 6 (yes, that's SIX) . Boy, did that look old!

Answers (0)