Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summarizing SAP Audit Logs

AndreC1
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a report available that will summarize the SAP audit logs into a table? What we need is a summary of all the transactions accessed by each user over a time period. Also how many times a particular user accessed each transaction over the time period. Say time period is a day.

We have configured our ERP system to log transaction starts per user. This is providing us the necessary information we need, except that it is creating a massive amount of rows, which needs to be exported to create the needed report in Excel. What I would like to do is to run a summary each night to summarize the log files as mentioned above. We can then run our analysis on that particular table. Does anyone know of such a report?

If not , has anyone done something like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

try: 1. RSAU_SELCT_EVENTS   2. create Z program based on RSAU_READ_AUDITLOG_EXTERNAL   3.  create Z program based on ST03N as mentioned by Jan.

6 REPLIES 6

JanSchlichting
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is with the data you can get get via ST03N? There you can find transactions per user.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

It is true that with ST03N you can go to each user and see which transactions they ran, but you cannot view or export the data for all users. The background is that we want to redo our security profiles and so the ability to see all transactions ran by all users, will help us to group our transactions better. The only thing is that you need to cover end of month, quarter and year transactions if you really want to do it right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been frustrated by this very thing for some time. The audit logs would be much more useful if they were available in the DB, and not just in external files. There are good reasons for them being external, I know.

It shouldn't be too hard to make a copy of the code for SM20 and get it to store the data in a custom table. It already creates an internal table to build the ALV Grid on. I've never got around to doing it though. I don't suppose it would take too long if you asked one of your local developers to do that.

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

thanks for the reply. It would be nice if there is a easy way to summarize the data. I will wait another day or two. Hopefully someone has gone through the trouble already. Otherwise I will need to get a developer involved.

0 Kudos

Hello,

this guy has made some thoughts about ST03N data, maybe you can use it:

Nice weekend

Former Member
0 Kudos

try: 1. RSAU_SELCT_EVENTS   2. create Z program based on RSAU_READ_AUDITLOG_EXTERNAL   3.  create Z program based on ST03N as mentioned by Jan.