cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner-Customer Integration S4 Hana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing an S4 1511 implementation for my client.  They are coming off a non sap system and as most of you know the BP concept is new and confusing.  That said, I am attempting to understand the integration between BP, FLCU00 (FI customer-think company code).  What does the following mean, and how should it be maintained?  I cannot find much out there on this. Remember no more XD/VD/XK/ concepts. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle

The analogy for customer - Vendor view and BP roles is same. The underlying concept of having general, purchasing and company code view in BP is more or less the same as that in a vendor master for eg. Only the under lying transactions have changed, so if you have worked on vendor account groups earlier, it is the same case in BP Roles, which control these views. The below link should help you understand the same in terms of configuration:

The concept is pretty straight forward. You create the Vendor/Customer Account groups and assign the same to a BP Role. Now create the number range in two direction Vendor/Customer to BP and BP to Vendor/Customer. Ensure the field status for both is same and activate the synchronization for both direction. In your case, based on what you have written, i assume that it is a green field implementation where you are moving from a non SAP to S/4HANA EM, than it is very straight forward. You just need to do the configuration and create BP as part of master data cut over.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

This makes sense and that is how i understood everything.  In the world of SD Partner functions, if i understand this correct, each partner function would need a BP created then added as a partner onto another BP.  In the past, you could create a number range for SH, BP, PY. Would the number range now need to be done at BP Grouping level for these?

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Your understanding is correct.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

S4H is bundling FSCM and other SCM applications like EWM , TM etc in its digital core and hence probably synchronising customer and vendor to BP. Suggest to refer the below links (and relevant notes , documents stated therein) for good idea on BP and its customising

Mrinal