cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on SRM PO, if invoice is archived in ECC?

sandeep_kumar109
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 7 and ECC 6. We are trying to figure out the impact on SRM PO (Extended classic scenario), if invoice or material document get archived in ECC.

Here is an example::

SRM PO 100

ECC PO 100

GR 90

Invoice 90

Now if we archive, GR and Invoice in ECC, will it open PO qty in SRM with Qty 90.

In our system , we archived PO in ECC. My assumption is that system shall now allow PO edit in SRM. But when we did the test, it allowed me to do the change and its in order status. PO changes not replicated to ECC. Is it standard behavior?

Regards

Sandeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Can you confirm why would the GR and invoice be archived and the PO be left open?

In Order to archive the general recommendation by SAP is to archive the PO first and then the associated documents like GR and invoice

Also once archived You cannot process/change archived documents.

Pl check again maybe the document was not actually archived but only had checks performed which says 'Can be archived'

Read what the link says for invoice document

"A document of type invoice receives the status Can be Archived, if:

·  In the standalone scenario, the check (for archiving suitability) of the associated purchase order and all subsequent documents was successful, or"

Refer these links for details on the archiving process

Archiving Documents - mySAP™ Supplier Relationship Management - SAP Library

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm2007/helpdata/en/92/2c41e36d9a4309a2f1464854acfedd/content.htm

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/1a/a3fb3b699bde74e10000000a114084/content.htm?framese...

Regards

Vinita

sandeep_kumar109
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Extended classic scenario.

This is what we tested, SRM PO with 100 qty, ECC PO 100 qty. with Final Delivery & Invoice. GR & IR for 90 qty . As PO as Final delivery and invoice, we able to archive PO.

In SRM, I ran program Clean req req* and Get status in SRM.

SRM PO got updated and all backend document information wiped off (may be SAP bug..I created OSS message for that)

I able to edit SRM PO, change qty and order it. After PO approval , PO status changed to Order status. ( I think it should be error in process)

Regards

Sandeep

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you have archived PO clean_req req does not pick it up and also it should not allow to edit an archived PO thats not how it works ..

Maybe SAP can check in your system if there is any customization or a bug