cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Mail channel in error status

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have one scenario wherein sender is sending messages to PI with mail adapter.

There are certain situation where messages not reached to PI. After checking sender channel in monitoring, it shows red with below description :

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.service.XIMailAdapter.isAdapterstatus() of a null object loaded from field com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.service.SenderChannelTester.adapter of an object loaded from local variable 'this' Collapse Node Server

After restarting the channel, messages flows smoothly.

Every time in such kind of situation we need to restart the channel, then only messages flows.

Could you please assist us how to solve this kind of problem in mail adapter ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swanand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Guys, any updates on this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you find some more details around the time frame of the error in the NWA log?

0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reply.

Can you please elaborate what exactly I need to give ?

Below is the channel log I am getting after pinging the channel in error status.

Not Ok Mail Sender Channel Test Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.service.XIMailAdapter.isAdapterstatus() of a null object loaded from field com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.service.SenderChannelTester.adapter of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

Collapse Node Server

Overall Status - Not Ok     

Regards,

Swanand

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Swanand,

I guess this is due to connectivity and when your getting this error is there a mail in the mailbox?

0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

Yes, there is a mail in the mailbox when I am getting such kind of error.

Regards,

Swanand

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Swanand,

Guess this could be due to intermittent connection issues,could be problem with mail server as well.

Lets wait for other experts comments as well.