cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we drop schema in HANA from Development Perspective?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I would like to know if there is any way to drop schema from Development Perspective in HANA Studio?

Lets say I have created schema 'ABC' by creating file ABC.hdbschema in Development Perspective.

Now will deleting file ABC.hdbschema and activating repository DROP schema in HANA?

I have idea about how to drop schema from SQL Console and would like to know if there is any way from Development Perspective.

Regards,

Venkat N.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just confirming this scenario also is happening to me. I create ABC.hdbschema save/activate, then delete it, it leaves behind the runtime object. I'm wondering if this is by design or controllable.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes deletion of the design time artifact and then activation of the deletion will result in a delete/drop operation to the runtime objects. The only thing I don't remember off hand is if the activation of a deletion of an HDBSCHEMA can be successful if you still have active dependent objects within that schema.  I think you might get an error upon deletion unless all dependent objects are also deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't have any objects created in the schema. I have deleted hdbschema file and activated repository package to make sure I don't have that file any more. However I still see the schema in system.

Regards,

Venkat N.