cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a business object within SAP GUI from a link in a webbrowser?

mario_fliegner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I want to know the following: Is it possible to open the SAP GUI from a hyperlink that is clicked in a web browser? I'm able to open the SAP Webgui with a hyperlink to open a business object within a transaction like:

http://myserver/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~sap-client=800&~transaction=FB03%20RF05L-BELNR=0100000001...

but it would be a big benefit to open the business object in the "real" SAP GUI instead the Webgui.

I thought I saw this recently in a FIORI demo? I can't remember exactly but I thought they've provided an ini file (or something similar) that was downloaded after clicking the link in the browser. After the download the SAP GUI was opened immediately (within the desired transaction). Any thoughts on how to solve that?

I appreciate your answer.

BR,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marico.

1. Yes, You can call any output URL from sapgui

2. From SAPGUI you can call any transaction or reports directly with user credential pass the string.

BR

SS

mario_fliegner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you,

but the question was the other way around.

I am on a website in a web-browser. Now I want to click a link on that website and this link should open a transaction in the SAPGUI (not the SAP WebGui).

I know this can be achieved by implementing a separate protocol handler for SAP on the operating system. But this must be installed and rolled out to any client, so this is not a solution I'm currently looking for. As mentioned above, I saw this requirement within one of the SAP Fiori demos. There, a small configuration file was downloaded and based on it the SAPGUI was opened. All I want to know is, how can I achieve the same behavior? Is it possible at all? Where I can find further information?

Thanks!