cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Tax Line Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a question related to SAP FICA for ISU. I am not a Finance person so please pardon me if the question sounds vague or stupid.

I want to know if it is possible to post a separate line for Tax to the contract account when an invoice is posted.

Currently, when an invoice is being posted a single FICA document is created for the total amount including Bill Charges and Taxes and have the common due date. Now, the customer wants to know if he can have different due dates for Energy Charges and VAT.

I believe, the first thing to achieve this would be posting a separate line for VAT on the account and the due date can be actioned with some customization.

So the first question is if it is possible to post separate lines, 1 for charges and 1 for VAT?

Secondly, if there is any standard configuration available to achieve this?

The SAP ISU FICA area is very new to me and I do not have much expertise in this area so any help and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

To start with, in FICA, we are not configuring any separate main/sub for the tax part, so how are you planning to show it as a separate line item, as the FKKOP structure needs to filled with main/sub combination.

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

As mentioned in my original post, I am not a FICA guy so I don't know how it can be done. That is the reason I am asking if it is possible to do it and if yes, then what configuration is required for the same.

Thanks.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It cannot be done. that is the gist of Amlan's statements.  Tax is included in the main receivable posting, and not broken out in any way.

Gerald_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

that´s not completely correct

tax determination is coming from the sub transaction code

so at least it is possible to cusomize different tax determinations via different sub transaction codes for the different billing lines/schema steps

If so, the the incoicing document will get more than one subtotal lines ..

but the the due dates of course are the same

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tax is not broken out into its own receivable lines.  What about that is incorrect?

Gerald_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hm, I read all again. Seems you are right, I was not reaaly exact

fact is, it is with IS-U-Invoicing not possible (and should not be possible forever) to split the posting documents - seems that is, what you mentioned

fact is too, via different substransactions a different tax determiniation is possible, and if so, different subtotal lines in the posting will be created. So that is, what I mentioned - there could be different lines of taxes in the posting document (also different lines of VAT-Lines)

but of course all the lines in the single posting document have the same due dates, as it is not possible to split as we see already

maybe Mithun should describe a bit more in detail, what the requirement is

Answers (0)