cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SP5 bundle - Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently upgraded my current Power designer version to SP5 bundle from SP03; Since then Power Designer hangs when creating PDM; It doesn't give any error; just hangs. I even tried to delete my current target PDM model and tried to recreate from scratch. Doesn't help.

Did any one face this issue or provide me any pointers to look for? I have lost several hours of work because of this issue and blaming myself for upgrading to SP05( I had however no choice since our admins have upgraded the repository, so I had to )

regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please uninstall Powerdesigner. Then unzip SP05. Right click setup.exe

and select Run as Administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phillip

That didn't help.

Krishna

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you open any existing model(PDM,LDM,CDM or XML)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately due to my time constraints, I had to revert back to SP03 and  I was able to work on my previous models normally.

However, now when I start PD, it gives me a warning:

The resource GLOBAL_PERMISSION_PROFILE you wish to open has been saved with a more recent version (16.5.5.4814) than the one you are using (16.5.3.4371). We strongly recommend that you update your version of the product.  If you choose to open the resource with this version, the integrity of the resource cannot be guaranteed.  The resource will be opened in read-only mode.

is there any way out to avoid this warning?

thank you

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This a standard message PD puts out if you open anything with an 'old' version of PD. A lot of the time it makes no difference - it only matters if SAP have changed the way the file content is defined, which does happen sometime. It's not a file you're going to update yourself, so you could just ignore the message.

That file controls your PD permissions (hence the name) - which types of models and objects you can work on. If you remove it, you will have access to the same stuff you usually do, possibly some more as well.

The file will have been checked out of your SP05 repository into your local Library - check the _SHARED Named Path (in General Options) to see the path. It may be hidden in a subfolder.

There are two things you could do:

• delete the file, it will be replaced next time you connect to the repository
  • open the file (probably read-only), save it under a new name, delete the original, and rename the copy back to the original name

The second option might not work, I haven't tried it myself.