SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student photo upload and display

vlackor
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to ask your help to know if there's a standard functionality for showing a student profile picture in the main screen of the student file (piqst10) and also how I can get that photo using abap code.

Also I try to upload a photo but the system is giving me the following error message "Repository DQ not accessible by HTTP".

Thanks so much for your suggestions in advance.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi Vladimir;

See below link for a document to guide and setup your system to show the portret picture in SAP SLcM (in both Student File, Student Master Data, Fiori Student File app and a set of webdynpro's):
https://mdocs.sap.com/mcm/public/v1/open?shr=spy390F3eMXTPVT6mOukmrr5lQj1QYXXygIu7BQnAFI

Once all setup you can add your student portret pictures directly from the Student File/Student Master Data transactions:

Fiori - Student File with portret picture:

Student File with (adding) portret picture:

Webdynpro example with portret picture:

Fiori Launchpad example with portret picture:

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

We're not aware of any standard function. We have the photos on a network folder and active GuiXT on every PC with SAPGUI. Using GuiXT's scripting system we show the photo of the student on piqst00, PISQT10 and PIQSTM/D.

And we use the same solution for HR master data.

The names of the photos are the students' IDs followed by the file extension JPG (the GuiXT script we developed expects a JPG file)

Cheers,

Michael

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi Vladimir;

See below link for a document to guide and setup your system to show the portret picture in SAP SLcM (in both Student File, Student Master Data, Fiori Student File app and a set of webdynpro's):
https://mdocs.sap.com/mcm/public/v1/open?shr=spy390F3eMXTPVT6mOukmrr5lQj1QYXXygIu7BQnAFI

Once all setup you can add your student portret pictures directly from the Student File/Student Master Data transactions:

Fiori - Student File with portret picture:

Student File with (adding) portret picture:

Webdynpro example with portret picture:

Fiori Launchpad example with portret picture:

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rob