cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COGI Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to figure out how to fix the error for the COGI. We have a lot of material which every day goes in COGI. I monitor it for a while and it seems like are the same items or new items which are being set up. This 2 are the most common error messages I get. I do not understand them. Can someone explain it and provide a solution? This very very new for me so please be patient if I don't understand

1. This is the first error message I get.

What means the error message? Why this material will have this error message? What can be fix that will not show in COGI from now on

2. The 2nd error message

This is error message for the second item.

How is possible to have a short fall in the stock when the material was reserved for that order? The stock show plenty material available?How can this be fixed to stop showing in COGI?

If this can be fixed this will help a lot

Thank you

Lorena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JarleiN
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Lorena

You will get many different issues in COGI.

to understand what is happening depends of your analysis capacity.

Open the COGI and, for each line, click in the icon witha bell figure or F6.

After that, look the error message.

So, in some momento will be problems with the wrong storage location, or batch number, or cost calculation, or other problem that is impacting to movement the materials.

The error messages depends of the situation.

Is very important analyse the COGI weekly, if possible, daily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarlei

My goal is to do this analysis daily until is getting under control. I am looking at it every day and export it to see what items are repeating all the time and why those items

My concern is that some items are not set up correct, but I cant figure out what is the mistake and how to fix it.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, i mean to say is this consumption is getting triggered from the GR message coming from any MES system and is this happening on last day on month.... Thanks Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagrding the postig period issue....are these consumptions coming from any MES system and is this happrning at the end of every month....please confirm. THanks kishan

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First error message specify period is not open or you can click on cogi and change the date and post the document.

Second Error message specify shortfall of stock

it might be reason that you are using WM & issue is not completed from storage bin.

Kindly check the same and revert with answer.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Kumar Praharaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if I am doing changing the posting date in cogi, next time that part will be used in the production order, will be showing back again? I am looking for a permanent fix on this error.

On the second error we do use the WM. What I need to do to stop the item from showing up in cogi when is being used in production?

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Posting period error will come if period ending & closing of business is not happening on time

it is recommended to clear the COGI before period close, else you have to change the posting date if period is closed.

For the second error refer below thread or you can consult your WM consultant.

RM00B: Available stock shortfall of 20.000 ST i... | SCN

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep kumar praharaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is so helpful. Thank you so much is what I am looking for 

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lorena,

If your query is resolved, please close the thread.

BR,

Rajen

0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly share the MMBE screen.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos