cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Insight and rules with lineage.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been trying to gather the rules that our team has created. The relational crawl gets the views. I also get Data Insight connections.

I can't seem to find the correct Integrator that will gather the projects and rules created. I've tried a few MITI integrators as well.

If anyone knows the integrator that will gather all the Data Insight objects. I sure would appreciate you sharing that with me.

Thanks,

BW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

IS will collect DI metadata from the Enterprise Project only - not custom projects. Pretty sure it's in the user guide.

I created an idea in the ideas space to suggest a new integrator type to collect this metadata for custom projects.  See https://ideas.sap.com/D26168

Not sure when it may be considered so vote for it and see what SAP do!

regards

Adrian

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the SAP Information Steward User Guide, section 3.1.1.1 Metadata Management categories:

"

Note

Objects in Data Insight connections display here if they were added to the Enterprise Project in the Data Insight module.

"

0 Kudos

Ok I see all the projects in the CMC>Information Steward>Data Insight> Projects. I also see all the connections. I need an example of what you're talking about. I can't find any rules or anything. Only work flows after using the DS integrator. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I Thought the whole reason to use the DS Integrator was to gather impact and lineage. Why will it not pick up the objects that are being used in our systems?

The user guild just isn't clear about anything. It never was. I need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

BW

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As Dirk and I have indicated, this should all be outlined in the user guide.  Information Steward will automatically collect all the metadata from the Enterprise project and stitch it together with any other integrators based on name and the settings in Manage Preferences.  You do not need to create a DI integrator.

Any DS metadata will also be stitched together too for lineage so you can understand the quality of data used on reports.

However, currently IS only collects metadata in the Enterprise project.  If you choose to create separate projects by domain for management and/or security purposes, then the metadata WILL NOT be collected.  Hence my idea to enable a way to optionally collect and secure this metadata if and when required.

regards
Adrian

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It also seems the impact and lineage info from the SAP Data Services Metadata Integrator is missing, right? Check Information Steward FAQs - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki for the solution.