cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Fiori on ECC 6.0 EHP7 with MSSQL?

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I´m kind new to Fiori but i have to install it on an ECC 6.0 EHP7 System with MSSQL. I did not find any tutorials for this szenario. Can some tell me where to find a Guide or something? Or guide to install Fiori on ECC6.0 ?

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh Vakil,

well i viewed the Guide, but i have some questions. Maybe you can help me.

• I cant find anything about MSSQL. Just anyDB? Do i have to use another DB?!
  • I just have install a SAP System (ECC6 EHP7) and a sap logon. Everytimei read something about a frontend and a backendserver. What do they mean with back and frontend servers?

Kind Regards

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

1) MSSQL belongs to anyDB.

2) The ABAP front-end server contains all the infrastructure components to generate an SAP Fiori app-specific UI for the client and to communicate with the SAP Business Suite back-end systems. The UI components and the gateway are based on SAP NetWeaver.

In the ABAP back-end server, the SAP Business Suite products are installed, which provide the business logic and the back-end data, including users, roles, and authorizations.

3) SAP Logon is a Windows program, which you use to log on to SAP systems on your Windows PC. For more information, please refer to SAP Logon - Configuration - SAP Library.

4) You can use embedded or central hub deployment option, where in central hub, you need to install an additional front-end server.

Regards,

Ning

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • I cant find anything about MSSQL. Just anyDB? Do i have to use another DB?!

AnyDB just mean any other DB (Oracle, MaxDB, MSSQL etc. or HANA DB)

• I just have install a SAP System (ECC6 EHP7) and a sap logon. Everytimei read something about a front end and a back end server. What do they mean with back and frontend servers?

Back end server corresponds to your ERP Business Suite system (which would be a NetWeaver system). Front end server           corresponds to the gateway system (which again would be NetWeaver system with the gateway components installed). You      can have gateway components installed in the ERP system (embedded deployment) or have both these in 2 separate                    systems (central hub deployment).

• Is SAP Logon a part of netweaver? is netweaver the named front end server?

SAP Logon is just the GUI software you need to connect to and login into a NetWeaver ABAP system.

The relevant front end and back end Fiori add-on components must be installed in the respective system.

Answers (0)