cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-Down Dynamic entry list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use a drop-down list in a form view and I would like to use a dynamic entry list from a characteristic (0SALESORG) of a bi query. But the obtained list is empty.

I am in BI 70 SP 10.

Regards

Jacques

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the user in BI that is mapped to your VC user have the proper authorization to see the data in this InfoObject?

If not, then correct. You should be able to use a dynamic entry list from a BI InfoObject. No need to program, as far as I remember (my guys programmed that stuff)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

did you check if masterdata are maintained for this InfoObject?

I recommend you to write a ABAP RFC for your dynamic entry list as it is described here:

<a href="/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/01/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-i">/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/01/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-i</a>

<a href="/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/02/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-ii">/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/02/02/visual-composer-and-abap-rfcbapi-a-powerful-combination-part-ii</a>

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your quick answer.

My masterdata is maintained and I have several sales organisations in my infoprovider.

I wonder why I have to write an ABAP RFC where as it is possible to choose a characteristic of a query in the "customizing" of a drop-down list for dynamic list.

I intend to use several drop-downs for different characteristics and i don't want to write an ABAP RFC for each one.

Is there a solution or an OSS note for that "customizing" works?

Regards,

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

I use RFCs for this dropdowns, you haven't write for every characteristic a RFC you can use one for all. If you can do this with a query you can do it, but I recommend to do that with a RFC.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, Marcel.

I start with Visual Composer and I'm am a little bit desappointed.

Visual Composer tool is sold as "Zero Programming Paradigm", and just to fill a simple drop-down from characteristic masterdata, a RFC module function is required!!!

Regards,

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

as Mario mentioned check the permissions. Visual Composer is a tool with "Zero Programming", but you need data services resp. services for doing sth. in backend resp. the business logic. There are several services from the SAP available, but these services can not cover all your requirements.

In my case I wrote an ABAP RFC for displaying the master data. This service also enables to search for certain master data of an infoobject (you can search with * in texts) and language depended. I need this RFC for one of our products.

As I wrote in my first blog, the combination of ABAP RFCs (Java Webservices) and VC is a powerful tool to realize business application in a fast way. I think SAP is on a good way to eSOA.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I check authorization and it doesn't come from that.

Maybe am I wrong with the customizing of the drop-down, I mean Input port and Output Port.

For Input port, there is only one field : Sales_Organisation; The assigned value is [none]. With a SQL trace, i see data are found.

For Output port, 2 fields:

1 - VALUE : Assigned value = @KEY

2 - TEXT : Assigned value = @TEXT

Does it work?

Regards,

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

did you try to insert an existing key as input value?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Yes I did.

In debugging mode, I see that one record is selected but the drop-down is empty.

Jacques