Did you mean: 

Merge pdf version kernel support - Note 2237181

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

I have a problem when running the function modules 'HTTP_GET_FILE'
In OSS I found this note:

2237181 - ADS spool requests are displayed incompletely with SAP GUI for HTML

I currently system NW 7.40 Abap have a Kernel 742 kernel patch level 200.
In the note my version of the kernel is not there.
This means that my kernel does not have problems or that if I want to implement the functionality of pdf merge must have at least the kernel described in the note?
If it was that I should do a kernel upgrade?

Thank you
Sandro Dama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

Not clear with your query.

How you are correlating 'HTTP_GET_FILE' function issue with SAP note:

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

The function modules 'HTTP_GET_FILE' takes a path http a PDF file and it gives me the error is reported to 2264208 Note - Merging PDF files (ABAP interface) where inside asks you to do kernel testing installed on your system tell note 2237181

Thank you

regards

Sandro Dama

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandro,

Please confirm you SAP basis patch level on your system ?

1. Patch level should be minmum SP16. If patch level is below SP 16 of Basis it is manditory to apply the SAP note by using SNOTE.

2. Use the report RSPO0021 to set the option ADS_MERGE_PDF to the value 'X' as per SAP note: 2237181

If above steps doesn't help then would suggest you to upgrade your kernel from 742 to 745 SP 111 or higher.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

My patch level on my system Abap is 7.40 SP12

I applied 2264208 note with snote and execute the report RSPO_TEST_MERGE_PDF_FILES but the system does not return any error message.

I tried this RSPO_TEST_MERGE_PDF_FILES report on a another system Abap BASIS 7.31 SP 18 with Kernel 7.22 patch level 102 and I got the error messag:

Il report RSPO0021 it's incorrect because the field option ADS_MERGE_PDF to the value 'X' is not present

Is possible is a bug the note 2264208 and 2237181?

Thank you

Regards

Sandro Dama

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandro,

Please implement below SAP note for RSPO0021 which is valid for your system and lets check if it resolves your problem.

1. Implement below SAP note.

2. Execute the report RSPO0021 and put the value ADS_MERGE_PDF in empty filed and keep the radio button on Activate entry and execute

2332708 - Making new parameters known to report RSPO0021

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

It means that your kernel is not relevant for this SAP Note.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny

In the note 2264208 - Merging PDF files (ABAP interface) it says: The merge is any carried out in the kernel. Therefore your system must have at least one of the kernels (disp + work package) Mentioned for your release in SAP Note 2237181

What do you think?

Thank you
Sandro