cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel integration to Payroll and FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is the integration of Travel Management to Payroll and FI regarding trip results (trip settlement) matter of decision Payroll OR Financial Accounting, or it can exist simultaneously? That is, result of some trips transferred to Payroll for settlement and the other directly to FI. If yes, how is it done?

Kind regards,

Nikolina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolina,

no it is one or the other. It is not possible to decide on trip basis.

What is your business need for such a solution?

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi!

Thank you very much for your answer.

I was just wondering if it was possible because according to client needs the way to go would be reimbursement through FI as they have day-to-day payments to employees (including advance payments) and reimbursement on a monthly basis through payroll wouldn't be acceptable. But the trick is that they also have taxable part of the per diem which can only be calculated through HR according to my understanding.

If you know any other way how to do taxation without transferring results to HR it would be very helpful.

Kind regards,

Nikolina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolina,

yes this requirement is possible.

Is the HR System on an own system?

Than you have to transfer the TE Cluster to this system.

Than HR Payroll can read out the this data for tax calculation.

More details you can find in SAP help.

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

HR is on the same system.

I went to SAP help portal but I didn't find any information on how it's done...how do I have to configure wage types (is this a job for HR or FI consultant), what is the posting scheme for this case etc. Information is divided to Integration to FI and integration to Payroll. There is no information for case: integration to FI but with sending some of the data to Payroll.

BR,

Nikolina

Former Member
0 Kudos

For German Payroll, subschema DREI (transfer of travel expenses to payroll) must be inserted and activated after subschema DT00 (gross pay) in accounting schema D000 (accounting schema for Germany).

Transfer to HR Payroll - Travel Management (FI-TV) - SAP Library

Wage type set up should be aligned with Payroll team. Important for travel is to know with wage type for per diems needs to be used. At the end payroll subschema DREI needs to be set up from payroll team. So they will read data from cluster TE into payroll run and process what they need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...so now we go back to the original question - can FI and HR integration be active at the same time (and ultimately what does that mean in sense of configuration). You said "no it is one or the other. It is not possible to decide on trip basis".

According to your last post it seems to me that you have to activate Payroll integration to do the taxation. I've read that part which you posted in SAP help, but under the integration to HR. It doesn't say that in this case you are also integrated to FI and that you do the reimbursement through FI.

Does all of this mean that you have to activate Payroll integration to do the taxation but at the same time you don't have to use it for all of the reimbursement?

Maybe an example would be helpful just to clarify things. Lets say i have 5 cost types in one trip. Only one of them has taxable part, other four are tax exempt. I want to reimburse amount to employee from FI (via cash register or automatic payment program) but transfer the cost type that has to be taxed to Payroll. The amount for employee should be amount of per diem decreased by tax calculated on taxable part of per diem (+ reimbursement for other non taxable costs). In amounts lets say that would be like this:

• amount of per diem 500
  • taxable part of per diem 100
  • tax 10% - 10 units
  • reimbursement is 500 - 10 = 490

So how do I do this?

Message was edited by: Nikolina Sverer Bulesic

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I have written was on the topic "Payment". You will not be able to pay some trips via FI and others via Payroll.

Payroll integration here means Payroll can pick up the result for "taxation". But sure not to pay out the expense reimbursements to the employee.

Does this help to clarify it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi!

I think I almost got it.

Correct me if i'm wrong...

• So I should enter trip costs with wage types created according to HR instructions
  • Then I should transfer the results to Payroll (does the Payroll read all of the data of the trip or it can read only the wage type relevant for taxation?).
  • Payroll does the taxation
  • from Payroll results are transferred to FI to be reimbursed (using programs RPCIPE00 and RPRFIN00_40)

In this scenario do I even have (or can have) a classic open item on vendor (employee) account? How do I get open item on vendor (employee) account to be paid through automatic payment program (if this is even possible)?

Kind regards,

Nikolina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolina,

if HR runs on the same system you do not have to "transfer" data to Payroll. (own system you have to transfer TE cluster to HR system via standard ALE connection)

They only set up the schema to read cluster TE by running the payroll run.

The rest is OK.

Payment and taxation is independent in this scenario.

So you do your normal posting "cost against employee vendor". An than the payment program (FI) will find the open item and do the payment.

In the "meantime" the payroll run read cluster TE find taxation item calculate the tax (or what ever is needed here) and process it.

Best regards,

Sigi

Answers (0)