Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWIFT / BIC Code screening in GTS for Bank Masters

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have configured Bank Master screening in GTS which is screened during Payment transactions. We have received a request from Business to transfer SWIFT codes maintained in Bank Master to GTS. Also, we receive SWIFT codes for SPL records (banks) from data provider. Now the ask here is to consider the SWIFT codes of Banks in screening process and block the BP if SWIFT code matches.

I tried to change the comparison procedure to include "Keyword Generated from ID/Passport Number" and maintained SWIFT code in identification tab of BP in GTS (as i did not found any other appropriate place to maintain SWIFT code). When i am generating comparison terms for BP after doing these settings, system is not creating search term for SWIFT code and hence this is also not picked up in screening. Please note here that we have already maintained SWIFT code in SPL records in field ID card number and search term is also generated for the SPL record.

So i have following queries:

1) did any one of you received such requirement from your client? I suppose some of you should as this does look a decent requirement.

2) If yes, where should we store the SWIFT code for banks in corresponding BP in GTS?

3) what settings should be done to have SWIFT code screened and BPs blocked if SWIFT code matches?

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

I might be late to the party already as the thread is a long one. Excuse me if I have misunderstood as well. When you make an entry for the Bank as the BP, it would have the payment transactions window where we could input the SWIFT code. Are you saying this is not a good place to store it and screen? The SWIFT code entry in the below place is directly linked with the bank master table BNKA (also the Bank master record). The regular details also do get stored in BUT0BK table.

I had a basic question, if you are getting the SPL data with the SWIFT codes already, how's it getting stored in your system, have you checked on it? If it's getting stored under the ID card number or any of those fields, your corresponding entry within the BP should also be used to store the SWIFT code in the same field to have the screening executed properly.

Good luck!

-Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logic for generating search tem for is written in function module:  /SAPSLL/SPL_STERMS_SPLITSTRING.

when search team for business partner is getting generated, parameter ls_name is not passed so search term for A1 is not generated. so perfrom split_name_data is not called.

In case of busieness partner, address number is passed so perform split_adrc_data is called and in this thre is no logic written to generate A1 search terms.

while in case of SPL, it is passed so perform split_name_data it generated search term A1.

Suggestion:

Instead of doing program change, add SWIFT code as Name4 in both BP and SPL. this will generate N4 search tem and will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kul, I have just tested the similar scenario (see if this works for you), maintained SLLBNK (asynchronous) 1. Have setup ID schema (for Ad-Hoc Screening) and assigned ID type. 2. Maintained Address elements (including ID/Passport number). 3. In legal regulation I have assigned the ID type. 4. In the legal regulation control settings I have activated the Ad-Hoc SPL screening and assigned the ID schema. Simulated and its working, perhaps this will help you. If you find something alternative then do share. Regards subhrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will work only for ad-hoc screenning. where you assigned ID/Passport number?

Is it in ID schema as text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

I require it only for AD-HOC screening hence I have set it up accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

Have you added the SLLBNK in the partner?

Regards

subhrajit

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrajit,

I have not but will it make any difference? I mean I was just trying to check if a BP has ID number maintained in identification tab, will it generate search term and it is not.

I will give it a try by doing same testing for SLLBNK partner and let you know.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

ID type should be included in the screening if you have maintained it in the comparison. I saw you have maintained that as 'OR' segment, can you change that to 'AND'.

Also I was wondering other than SLLBNK, which other partner will have swift codes maintained?

Regards

subhrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

Can you share the screenshot of comparison procedure of address assignment, I would like to see what are the address elements you have added there. Be advised, for reading ID_type, you must add the ID_category in the address elements.

Regards

subhrajit

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrajit,

I did the same test for SLLBNK and same results. since there is no field for SWIFT code as such in transaction BP and we are just maintaining it as ID, it doesn't matter which partner type it is.

I have attached address assignment screenshot you requested. ID_category is already there. But this should also not make much a difference because this is only for rescreening if these address elements change in BP.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kul,

I am currently working on a similar requirement, would be in a better position to tell you in a little while later. Also speaking to SAP on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

I have used SWIFT banking communication only for LOC creation in GTS, but your requirement is a little different. Where are you maintaining the SWIFT code for business partner?

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrajit,

We have maintained SWIFT code in identification tab of Business Partner in GTS.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav