cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Reader 8.0 plug ins and RAM-Heigth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 to fill out Interactive Forms.

Now we have the problem, that the Reader needs until a minute to start and load the interacive Form.

We have two Quetstions:

1. we want to reduce the plugins of the Reader 8.0, which plugins are necessary for using Interacive Forms?

2. After loading the Interactive Form the RAM for AcroRd32.exe increases from 32 MB to 112 MB - what is the cause?

Best regards

Oliver Prodnger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

2. I think it's normal for Reader 8 ;-).

But of course, you can reduce time and memory consumption. Maybe http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/DynamicInteractiveFormPerformance.pdf help you.

Regards

Michal

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Does it also take about a minute to load the form with Adobe Reader 7.0.9? We had (actually still have) performance problems as of Adobe Reader 8.x if the (rather complex) form contains a few of these lines: xfa.host.resetData. It takes about 6 seconds to execute this statement, which is bad if you execute it 80 times in a loop This doesn't cause any problems with Adobe Reader 7.0.9.

If you use dynamic forms, there are issues with Adobe Reader 8.0, Reader 8.1 which was released yesterday is supposed to solve them (but not our specific performance problem).

BTW, I assume it's not due to a large form that takes a long time to download from the server or takes a long time to render on the server? Does it also take a minute to open the same file offline?

Concerning the memory load, I'm afraid that's normal, even with relatively small and simple forms (and a lot of javascript in dynamic forms has a negative impact too). But Adobe Reader 7.0.9 has the same problem...

Kind regards,

Sigiswald