cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional payment tied to position relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a payroll requirement that I am hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.  We have a requirement to pay employees $16.00 for the first and second payroll period who are in positions that have a relationship and related ID for Uniform Allowance.  This relationship is on a limited number of positions.  The additional amount would be paid as long as there is paid time on the payroll check.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sherrye Owen

Tarrant County Government

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refine your requirements.

Is that Allowance to be paid only in the first and second payroll period after the employee is assigned to the Position or on first and second payroll period of every year that the employee is assigned to the Position?

Other than the "special" relationship between the Position (S) and the other OM Object (?), is there an other element that identifies employees entitled to that Allowance from employees who are not?

Are you saying that even if it is during the "first and second payroll period", if the employee has no paid time he/she should not receive the Allowance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

The employee would be paid on the first and second payroll period of the month they are assigned to the position.

We currently do not have any other seems to identify these positions.

Yes, that is correct.  If the employee has not pay on the first or second payroll period of the month then they will not receive the additional pay.

Hope this clarifies our issue.

Thanks for your help!

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many position holding relationship ID in the system please confirm.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have about 1500 positions with this relationship.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many such positions are there? If it is a small number, you can consider using indirect valuation with the ARBPL module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tania for your help.  We have about 1500 positions that have this relationship.  Will the ARBPL module work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A better solution as I see it:

1) Using a dynamic action ,each time an employee's position changes in IT 1, check if that position has the given relationship.

If yes, maintain the required wage type in IT 14 with the appropriate validity period (two months).

2) Using factoring, reduce the wage type so that if the employee has no paid time, the wage type is reduced to zero.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps you could ask your ABAP resource to create a Custom Payroll Operation to check on that "special relationship" so that if it exists (with return value = Y or N), then you could use that Operation in a Payroll pcr to generate the Payment.