cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 SP10: Agentry app config is blank after SMP server restart?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

We use SMP 3.0 SP10 on Windows to run Agentry/WM applications.  We recently added a new Agentry app.  Deployment worked fine and the app was available.  But after SMP server restart the new app is no longer available (Communication Error (14) on xmit).  There are no errors in the logs, but I do not see any indication that the new app tried to start up in Events.log and the other apps on the SMP server started up ok.  When we re-check the app in Mgmt. Console we found that the Backend config was gone / blank.

Another SCN post was found with identical symptoms.  In that case the app did not include the Agentry_v5.jar file in the classpath.  Our new app does not have this jar file, but the developers indicate that in WM 6.3 it is no longer required.

Can anyone assist with this?

Previous Post (thread 3598226):  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3598226

Best Regards - Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jeff,

The developers are correct.  The agentry-v5.jar is now bundled into the SMP server automatically and it does not need to be explicitly included on the classpath.

Are you publishing your application as Agentry development mode or Agentry production mode?  Have you checked the application directory following restart to confirm the files are there as expected?

--Bill

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill - We are publishing in production mode.  After restarting the server, the Application folder for the affected app is empty.  Before the restart there were two files in this directory The app is named RSIS):

RSIS-v1-0-0-app.agp

RSIS-v1-0-0-app.ini

Does this point to a particular problem?

Thanks for your help - Jeff

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

UPDATE:  I neglected to mention that the two files were in a sub-directory named Production:

...\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.Agentry.application....

\Application\Production

After SMP restart the Production directory and the two files in this directory are gone.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you publish a version to the server directory, or did you upload a zip file with the version to the server?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen - After manually defining the application in Mgmt Cockpit, I upload a zip file:
SMP Mgmt Cockpit > Applications > appname > App Specific Settings > Publish Agentry App

(upload zip file).

Thanks - Jeff

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In the directory that contains the Application folder (the app id directory) do you have the other files there?  Are they included in your zip that you publish?  They should be as the server will wipe and recreate on startup based on the contents of the zip.

--Bill

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill - The Application > Production directory structure (along with the .agp and .ini files) are present in the zip file we use to publish. The other files you mentioned seem to be in place also.

Jeff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Here are some of our best guides here. The technique presented here are description and techniques to prevent items from disappearing.  Hopefully (Cross my fingers), you have done some of it .

The Blank backend tab page - means that during startup the backend cannot be reached (SAP ERP/CRM).  This could mean that your ability or full Agentry application is not complete.  Not sure how yours got removed but hopefully any of the 3 bullet items above can share some light.  We tried compiling all the solutions from different reports in SAP support.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark - Thanks for the helpful notes.  So far I do not think they apply in my case.  However one thing concerns me.  The first two times the new app was published, development mode was used.  Afterwards we realized the mistake and the developer produced a production publish zip file.  We deleted the app (Mgmt Cockpit > Applications > Delete) then re-created the app and published the production zip file.

Have we used the correct procedure/could this be the cause of our issue?

Thanks - Jeff

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

In our Admin training that we teach users before go-live or during production deployment, we tell them not to combine both dev and prod as this sometimes will confuse the system to think it is using one versus the other (and it is hard sometimes to get it back).  You may be experiencing that confuse of the system.  There are notes about the development system not supported in the cockpit.  You may still have remnants on that part. It may take a reset of the environment (remove app, add app, restart to recycle the system - trial and error) to make sure that the old items are out of the system. Need to somehow flush the system.

So if you have this currently, you need to figure out how to recycle and make sure after restart the SMP 3.0 is thinking that is is a prod server (i.e. removing apps + adding apps and a few restart.  You need to review the files inside the configuration folder to make sure it is correct after restart.  You may play with exporting the application to see what is still in the system).

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark - thanks for the information, I will try your suggestions and update this thread with the results.

Question:  Can an SMP server be configured to accept only production publish files?  If this option is available I could configure my QA and Production servers in this way and prevent future problems.

Best Regards - Jeff

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Interesting thought but no there is no such configuration option today.

--Bill