cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defaults - Custom Fields Not Checked by BRF+

0 Kudos

We have setup the User Defaults function within GRC and all is working fine.  However, we recently brought in two new custom fields (ZZGM_BUSINESS_FUNCTION / ZZGM_LOCATION_COUNTRY).  I am noticing that even after bringing these two new fields into the BRF+ standard rule "GRAC_BRFP_USER_DEFAULTS" and then maintaining them on the decision table, they are not being used properly.

Testing Scenario:

We are looking to write the rule in BRF+:

- Request Type = "025 - New/Change"

- Business Process = "RTR01"

- Business Function NOT EQUAL to "Information Technology"

- Location Country = "USA"

Requests matching this criteria should return specific user default result ID "001" - below is my setup in BRF+:

Even though the request below matches the decision table for User Default ID "001", the default ID is not triggered and the end user is not setup with the intended defaults.

However, the minute I remove the two custom fields completely from the User Default BRF+ rule, the defaults are assigned to the user just fine.  Below is the rule working fine:

Also, I notice ZZGM_BUSINESS_PROCESS as a custom field is being used in our Initiator Rule and everything is working fine.  We have a specific rule diverting requests down a specific path if the business process of a user is "Information Technology".  So I know the BRF+ application is reading the custom field data fine in the initiator rule....just not working for the User Default rule.  Any thoughts as to the cause?

Tony

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Could you try creating 2 DBlookups, for these 2 fields. Then use these DBloopups as Input Columns, instead of the columns.

2. could you check your simulation result at Decision table level, when the 2 fields are used.

Regards

plaban

0 Kudos

Plaban,

1 - The 2 custom fields we have setup are being sourced by our LDAP directory real-time.  So the data does not sit on any table within GRC.  Would a DBLookup work in this scenario?  See below for our setup of these two custom fields:

2 - Below is the simulation of the decision table with a successful result of "001":